sam_nicholls91

Backspace tile dilemma

Samn85
3 år siden

I would really appreciate advice on choosing a splashback tile I feel the ones I have are too ‘cool’ toned and would like a more rustic tone, any advice would be really appreciated 🤔 Thank you

(13) kommentarer

• Juliet Docherty
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

Can you post some pics that show a larger area? I have very rustic riven slate tiles behind my hob, in fact over the whole wall, and they are quite dramatic. However, my wall is further away as I had it built out so that I could have a shelf, this means it doesn't get splashed. If yours is close then you need something practical, such as a porcelain that looks like stone.

Samn85 thanked Juliet Docherty
  • Samn85
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

• Samn85
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thanks for your reply, that’s a slightly larger area I hope that helps I should take another so it gives a better view, the floor is porcelain which is fab to maintain, it is just finding a brick shaped tile that looks rustic/travertine effect, riven slate tiles sound great but yes mine is close to hob 🤔

• honeypoppet
    3 år siden

I really like the Laura Ashley tiles for a rustic play on the subway tile.

Laura Ashley - 22 Artisan Cobblestone Gloss Wall Tiles - 150x75mm - LA51539 - Lu · Mere information

Laura Ashley Artisan Charcoal 75mm x 300mm LA51959 - Luxury Tiles · Mere information

https://www.luxurytiles.co.uk/laura-ashley-artisan-charcoal-75mm-x-300mm-la51959.html

I also love these by British ceramic tile

https://www.britishceramictile.com/british-ceramic-tile/crackle-victorian-bevel-burgundy-bct5532

and these!

https://www.britishceramictile.com/bct-mosaics/shell-oatmeal-gloss-wall-tile-bct7035#&gid=1&pid=1

Being the tiles are behind the hob you probably will be better off with a glossy/semi-gloss finish tile as otherwise they could become difficult to clean. I also think maybe using a different colour of grout would help to achieve the look you are after.

Hope this helps!

Samn85 thanked honeypoppet
  • Sam
    3 år siden

Thank you 😃 that is very helpful had not thought of Laura Ashley tiles they do looks great whilst being easy to clean I'll have a look on the links 😊

• Sonia
    3 år siden

Sorry to jump in but Laura Ashley are in administration and I was let down by them with non delivery of an order. Luckily I paid by Paypal and got my money back via them. I know they’re still operating to a degree but If you buy from then use a Credit Card or Paypal just in case. Sorry to butt in 🤭

Samn85 thanked Sonia
  • Samn85
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you so much, I completely forgot about that!!

• Juliet Docherty
    3 år siden

A patterned tile would look good, especially with your colours and flooring. They can be very forgiving!

Toorak Gardens · Mere information

Bert and May House Renovation · Mere information

Samn85 thanked Juliet Docherty
  • Samn85
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

I’d love a patterned tile to jazz it up but my other half has drawn the line 😫, I liked the Laura Ashley ones and the batik ones on grey from Topps Tiles, the top one you have posted looks fab though 🤔🤔

• Samn85
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Ooo I will have a look thank you 😊

• PRO
    IMBY3 Architecture & Design
    3 år siden

The one thing I would add is to stick to matte finish if you can. This will add warmth and calm the space down. Anything with a reflective or glossy finish will distract the eye and add to that 'cool' finish you want to get away from... Hope it all works out!

Samn85 thanked IMBY3 Architecture & Design
  • Sam
    3 år siden

Thank you very much for that tip, I have received both matt and gloss tile samples today and that is a great help as it's hard to decide on a preference when they are the same colours ☺️

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.