sglm

Do I choose all gray cabinets; or white cabinets with gray island?

Sheila Lord
3 år siden

My son is having a home built and needs to make all house selections soon. The model had white kitchen cabinets with only gray on one side of island. He saw another model that had all gray cabinets and trying to decide which way would be best. The walls will be light gray throughout house.

(11) kommentarer

• jck910
    3 år siden

all white gray is out

Sheila Lord thanked jck910
  • User
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

No gray anything. Or all white anything.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    3 år siden

White with Gray Island

White with Black Island

White with Black Island

White with Wood Tone Island.

Sheila Lord thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • Toronto Veterinarian
    3 år siden

It depends on the colour of your countertops. I prefer all gray, actually - I'm not a fan of all-white kitchens.

Sheila Lord thanked Toronto Veterinarian
  • Lala
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

An all gray house seems dull. I'd go with white cabinets and gray (or another color) island for some contrast. Additionally, white is timeless/classic and the island color would be easy to change down the road.

Sheila Lord thanked Lala
  • darbuka
    3 år siden

Overdone, and boring choices, both.

• PRO
    Studio M Interior Design
    3 år siden

you could always go with a darker gray on the Island and it will still read well with a lighter neutral on the walls but give it more pop. Lighting WITH dimmers, backsplash, and some beefy trim is what will give the room some character beyond that.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 år siden

I love gray but would not do an all gray kitchen. A mix is nice but I have no idea what an island only 1/2 gray would look so maybe post a pic of that. I love my pale gray walls all through my main floor and bedrooms so IMO it is still a good choice if it works with the furniture he owns.

• ptreckel
    3 år siden

If you are firm on your decision to do a white/gray combo (although lighter woods are now coming back into vogue), go with white cabinets and a gray island. That way, when you or future owners choose to “update” the kitchen, all they will needs to do is change the color of the island for a fresh “new” look, with minimal effort and expense. White white is now on trend, it is still a classic kitchen color. Has been since “fitted” kitchens were first installed. So...it is the least trendy trend, I think.

Sheila Lord thanked ptreckel
  • Little Bug
    3 år siden

Soon, gray is going to be described as “sooo 20-teens.” If he wants some gray in his kitchen, he should do just the island because it will be much easier to update than a kitchen-full of cabinets.

Sheila Lord thanked Little Bug
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.