webuser_667667513

kitchen countertops- we love marble but not for the kitchen

My husband and I are remodeling our kitchen/home. We are putting in marazzi American estates spice wood look floors( like a dark brown wood), and painting the walls gray. When we go looking for the kitchen countertops, we always love the marble slabs, but do not want marble in the kitchen. Is there an alternative that is maybe granite, but gives close to the same amount of white, while still giving a little bit of movement in the slab, or am I searching for the impossible? When I look online, I see kitchens I love but have no way to know what the countertops are made of.

(9) kommentarer

• freedomplace1
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

I would suggest not painting the walls grey. It does nothing to complement the wood (look) -plus the grey fad is over.

There are quartz surfaces that emulate marble. And you can find granite that has some similar coloration, etc. but it’s granite.

• megs1030
    3 år siden

Have you seen Mont Blanc quartzite? Some slabs look more like marble than others, so you may have to visit a few different stone yards, but that may be an option for you.

• Rachel
    3 år siden

We are building a new house, and I was in the same boat as you! I found a granite, Thunder White, leathered that we are going to put in our kitchen. The home is not yet complete, but I love the look! Granite will be gray with white on the perimeter.

Kitchen · Mere information

• Angel 18432
    3 år siden

Not an answer to your question, but another vote not to paint walls grey.

Your wood is a warm color, grey is cool - so will not compliment each other.

• laurafhallen
    3 år siden

I used glacier white granite in our kitchen.

• megs1030
    3 år siden

Disagree somewhat about painting walls gray as it all depends on the gray. Select one that is warmer and leans a little beige... BW Revere Pewter and SW Worldly Gray come to mind. Edgecomb Gray and Agreeable Gray are two others.

• Steph H
    3 år siden

Grey is very classic. It’s not a “trend”. There are many different shades a grey. Any pics of your choices?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.