bcole63

"tipping" trades during a kitchen remodel

Brenda
10 år siden
We're in the middle of a kitchen remodel, and we're acting as the general contractor. It seems everyday we have a different trade in the house doing something ... installing countertops, delivering appliances, running the gas line, electricians, etc. It never really crossed my mind that I should "tip" these people, but today I overheard a couple of the guys talking about tips.

What's the protocol?

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    Cynthia Taylor-Luce
    10 år siden
    I'm wondering if they were talking about tips so you would overhear them. How clever of them. In my opinion you would NOT tip any of your workers. When the job is over, a nice thank-you note is probably more than they are used to getting. These days everyone wants online reviews, so go ahead and give them good ratings if you feel they deserve it.
    Brenda thanked Cynthia Taylor-Luce
  • PRO
    Wooden Concepts
    10 år siden
    If a particular contractor really goes above and beyond your expectations, there is nothing wrong with a tip to say thanks. These situations are rare and are certainly NOT expected. I agree with Cynthia - they were probably hoping to be overheard and positive reviews are wonderful :)
    Brenda thanked Wooden Concepts
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.