donaeec

Anyone have any experience w/Yardzen for landscape design? Opinions?

Donaee Reeve
3 år siden

Considering hiring Yardzen for landscape design around our house/flowerbed planning, etc. Has anyone had any experience working with them? Good, bad or indifferent? I would love to hear your experiences! We would ideally love to implement the plan ourselves w/some help from a professional landscape contractor (but when it comes to digging holes and putting plants in I'm pretty capable!) Thanks in advance!

(225) kommentarer

• PRO
    CEPLA
    2 år siden

I'm with Sarah. (previous comment) Local, accredited professionals is the key. Would you get a European car mechanic to work on your domestic? Would you get a Italian pizza chef to make Mississippi bbq? What does a California landscape designer know about humidity and deer in Georgia. I'm a landscape architect and been asked to perform designs all over the country (I design for HGTV and Netflix) and I either partner with a local landscape design (that knows their plants) or I don't do it.

Cost are real and budgets are real (I'm a bargain hunter myself) but so is an investment in landscape. If you cheap it out, it will show.

• Sarah Hollins
    2 år siden

I had to edit my previous comment since it was laden with typos due to my iphone "sticking" while typing. What I meant to say is this; There is an interesting phenomenon taking place in which you would need several skills to seem professional. You will need computer /tech savvy, horticultural knowledge, and design skills. I know that most people like the 3D renderings because it is hard to envision your space without them however, in my opinion, for the plant based designs they are a little inaccurate. Most show all the plants blooming at the same time etc.. All that said I would call your local garden centers and ask about local designers and go from there.

• Houzz-bruger-ID-87114699
    2 år siden

I just completed a design package with yardzen for $1500 which includes front and backyards. This amount seems to be an industry since the new onsite accredited landscape designer I am currently working with is charging the same amount. There is however one major difference. You are truly getting a design professional not a website that puts objects onto a 3d model and calls is a design. I went thru the entire Yardzen questionnaire which I can say is thorough. I have worked with and architect previously so I know what feedback and adjustments to design truly are and that it takes several drafts for a finished product. Yardzen gave me my first draft after 2 weeks which I returned with significant changes. The last and second design put some of those changes in but nothing remotely resembling a finished design. Then they promptly shuffled me off to a contractor of their choice. Never again. If you want true landscape design Do Not Choose Yardzen. Get a professional landscape from

Certification - Association of Professional Landscape Designers

• Addie from Yardzen
    2 år siden

@Houzz-bruger-ID-87114699 Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re very sorry to hear about your experience and would love the chance to turn this around for you. Please reach out to us at hello@yardzen.com - we’ll make this right!

• PRO
    User
    2 år siden

Lol ^^

• PRO
    Erin Lau Landscape Design- Seattle
    2 år siden

Trying to find actual photos of finished Yardzen projects online that ARE NOT from their own website or a paid affiliate. I think there was maybe one finished project shared on this forum? Everyone who blogs about them only shares their design renderings, not finished project photos. It makes me wary. Why haven't any of the bloggers who wrote about their amazing design experience followed up and posted photos from the installation, its been over a year in several cases.... I'd like to be able to refer clients to this service, since I cannot keep up with inquiries, but where's the proof that it works from start to finish?

• PRO
    Water & Earth Landscape Design
    2 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}2 år siden

@Erin Lau Landscape Design- Seattle

I’m curious how many places there are on the web to see photos of your own work (not posted by you or anyone else) of finished projects. I can't find it. Don’t get me wrong, you do beautiful work, but be honest. Where can I see your work, posted by your clients on the web?

I’ve touched a few hundred yards in my career and maybe 3 of those clients have posted the completed photos somewhere in a corner of the internet.

Yardzen has a plethora of their finished projects shown on their site as well as their instagram.

• PRO
    2 år siden

@Water & Earth Landscape Design To your point, as a small design practice I have only had a handful of clients post photos of completed projects on Houzz or elsewhere, just like you say has happened with your company. But Yardzen is a multi-state, online design start-up with millions in investment capital, that has 100x the press I have, so having photos posted by others of my projects is not going to happen for me as much statistically as it would for Yardzen. I'm really more just curious about the lack of finished project photos from all the bloggers who have reviewed Yardzen.

Speaking of which, you did a very in-depth review of Yardzen last year, on your blog, and it seems like your review ended by touting the benefits of an in-person, local designer:

At the end of the day, you can pay a little to receive designs from an uninvested stranger without local insight or expertise. Or, you can pay more for a custom-to-your-space design that you know will actually come to fruition. We know which option we’d choose.

So not that you have to choose sides, but its just curious that your comment in this forum seems to defend Yardzen after concluding that their service is not necessarily worth the low price point, in your blog. Just a very interesting juxtaposition. I really appreciated the various points you made in your post, which I happened to read a couple weeks ago, so your company's name rang a bell when I saw this comment.

• PRO
    2 år siden

@Erin Lau Landscape Design- Seattle

The blog post on my site is meant to speak specifically to the demographic that we service - Bay Area homeowners with an average budget of 250k for a backyard and front yard remodel. I said it there and I’ll say it here. If you have that kind of money to invest in an outdoor space, working with a remote company is the wrong decision. That demographic with that scale of spend for a large project needs in person service to manage an idea into reality with multiple trades from planning to execution.

My problem with this thread is that it started as a potential client seeking info on a company and it has turned into a bunch of design professionals bashing a company they clearly feel threatened by. As advocates for an industry, we need to spend more time pushing each other up and less time keeping each other down. Unfortunately this thread has followed the way of the latter. Your original post that I responded to follows the same ill intent the other designers here have used to disparage a brand. You used a lack of finished project photos by obviously sponsored content creators to questions the legitimacy of said brand. It’s obvious that users that were given a red carpet experience are going to review exactly what they were given access to. While Yardzen happily takes clients through a construction process as they state, their main mission is design and that’s exactly what these people are reviewing.

Yardzen absolutely deserves the niche it has carved for itself. At the end of the day, 100% of the people that feel money has been wasted will leave a negative review and a few happy clients will leave a positive review. This company has less than 20 negative reviews on the web and 300+ positive reviews. My guess is there are thousands of people that are too busy to leave anything which would make sense as this is the perfect business model for those kinds of busy people.

I would appreciate it if you remove the link to my blog post as I feel that post does not apply to the masses of their service area when I originally intended it to be seen by those that live in the area my company operates in.

I stand behind Yardzen and will continue to. I refer 20+ clients to them a month. Some come back to us for further design development and the others continue through their process and have some really nice outdoor spaces to show for it.

Let’s support each other.

• Jilly
    2 år siden

Wow, 20+ clients a month! That’s a lot. And do you get anything for those referrals, or just a good feeling?

ETA: Hmm, he deleted his six paragraph chastising Erin/Yardzen cheerleading ad I was responding to. Interesting.

• PRO
    2 år siden

@Jilly

A good feeling. It's important to me to get homeowners to the right people if I'm not the right fit. I would say I refer more clients to suitable services than I am able to take on myself. I'm currently recieving 70-120 leads a month. Absolute chaos. I do not recieve any compensation for referrals.

• Jilly
    2 år siden

Thank you. Curious why you deleted your post?

I did see on the Yardzen site that they compensate for referrals … with the volume you’re giving them, you might want to look into that. :)

• PRO
    2 år siden

@Jilly

I didn't delete anyting. Not sure what you're referring to.

I see no reason to benefit monetarily off of advice for a homeowner to find a good fit. I’d prefer to give unbiased advice to the people I speak with and if I was receiving a commission that advice would definitely be biased.

• Jilly
    2 år siden

Yes, you did delete a very long post. Six paragraphs, chastising Erin and praising Yardzen.

Your parting shot to Erin was that she should stand by other professional landscapers, i e, Yardzen.

I’m very surprised you’re denying you posted it now. How would I have gotten that 20+ clients a month if you hadn’t written it? You stated that’s how many you refer to Yardzen a month. You also asked Erin to remove the link she posted of your Yardzen review.

• PRO
    2 år siden

@Jilly

I can see it on my screen but not when I access the link from a private web page. Houzz prob has to have mods comb through it or something. idk.

• cecily 7A
    2 år siden

Jinx is correct, your post is gone.

Why is it so difficult for homeowners to view completed projects? When the only photos appear on the Yardzen site, the cherry picking is obvious.

• PRO
    2 år siden

I can certainly remove the link to the blog post by Water and Earth Landscape Design, however, the blog post easily comes up on the first page of Google when you search for 'Yardzen reviews'. So it's not exactly hard to find.

Best of luck to homeowners who use Yardzen and best wishes to all the other designers out there!

• Raquel Bergeron
    2 år siden

C. Landscaping and Design, Inc. would love more info on other places that are more economical. we just purchased our home so we are on a budge with a plan to do it ourselves. but need help in the design process we cannot afford 500-1000 dollar just for an idea on a design. I am no way saying that is an easy job or want to insult a designer but like i said we are on a budget. aren't there any students that need practice or people just with a good eye that want to make a couple of bucks. thanks for everyone's advice. : )

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    2 år siden

There is an old but very true saying.......you get what you pay for :-) And sometimes, you don't even get that! I'd urge you to consider that a consultation with a professional designer or even the development of a master design plan is an investment in the value of your property and not necessarily something you want to skimp on. Enlisting the services of those with no real training or experience simply because they are inexpensive is not likely to generate the results you want.

Sometimes, better retail nurseries will have a designer on staff that can assist you for a modest fee or the guarantee that you will purchase the spec'd plants from them. And if there is a hort school with a design program nearby, some soon-to-graduate students might be available as well.

• Houzz-bruger-ID-342838084
    2 år siden

Stay away from Yardzen. They dont help much even after you do all the work, videos and explanations. I would find an alternative option and stay away from this company

• PRO
    Design
    2 år siden

Hi, lalupa_r2 I will most definitely be heading over to check out your work. I’m not worried about the fact that you don’t have a way to connect us with local contractors because most people who end up using Yardzen say they go with someone other than who they recommended anyway. I’d rather find my own contractor that go with someone I’m being told to choose simply because they are he closer to me (which is what it seems like yardzen does) idk I could be wrong but I seriously doubt it. Thanks for posting here and giving us who are skeptical about using yardZen some other alternatives.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    2 år siden

^^^ Sorry but promoting a business on these forums is considered spam and is prohibited.

And I'd have to say from a personal perspective that engaging a very speculative landscape designer residing in another country half way round the globe to prepare a design remotely is highly unlikely to turn out satisfactorily anyway.

What is with the lack of inclination to hire locally and in person? That is always, ALWAYS, going to generate much better results. And it's not like there is a lack of qualified landscape designers in this country!! In my area, we are falling all over each other and with new clients calling daily.

Not everything is best handled online and remotely. Landscape design is just one glaring example.

• lalupa_r2
    2 år siden

@gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

Hi,

Local landscapers are of course always best choices and I don’t think anyone thinks differently here. I must say I agree with everything you said. I just proposed because someone asked for students needing more experience at lower prices.

That said, I don’t see anything wrong in hiring someone who can help on design choices or bring great ideas, even remotely, precisely to bring other perspective. Also, not everyone has the amount of money needed to hire a local landscaper, especially because that’s just not the same job. I’m not here to denigrate anyone’s practice or offend anybody.

I wish y'all a great day

• Ed Lancer
    2 år siden

I used Yardzen for my backyard design. the design service cleaned up my design and delivered the kind of renderings and plans I needed. Excellent !

Unfortunately, they recommended a contractor who never contacted me after the initial consult. Yardzen was unable to get him to submit a bid. We think he doesn’t want to work with our non traditional family. The second one they sent came in with a bid twice what the yardzen estimate was. They defended that bid. Bottom line, found my own contractor.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    2 år siden

"Also, not everyone has the amount of money needed to hire a local landscaper, especially because that’s just not the same job."

I am confused by this statement. Why is it not the same job? A landscape designer is a landscape designer, regardless of whether they are local or located half way across the world. But a local designer is far more likely to be in tune with the local climate, growing conditions and appropriate plant selection than someone remote and only using email to gather any necessary information.

And I did list several alternatives to a full cost design plan generated by an experienced designer. Another choice is to engage one for just a design consultation, which is an extremely affordable alternative and often more than adequate for a standard landscape planting plan.

• Ashton Dodd
    sidste år

Yardzen is a scam. I wish I would have done more research and seen this page as I now see that no positive review actually shows a finished yard. This company is uncaring and does not deliver what you ask for. I spent hours making sure my photos and descriptions were good. They charge you upfront and make you wait several weeks to even get a first look. The first draft was horrible and there were many items missing from the requests I gave. Given they only give one revision. I spent over 4 days writing and provided detailed feedback.

They gave back the final design that looks same as first except 2 to 3 items changed, I think they rushed the changes and gave no care if it matched with the rest of the design. Only to satisfy my request and finalize the project.

Most importantly, the design showed my pool with no gate as requested, my child could fall in and they do not care, poisonous plants and several sharp corners when asked to make everything kid friendly.

Plants placed on top of each other, shade plants placed in direct sun, full sun plants placed under the deck! they suggested things to buy which don’t even match the links they provide.

It was horrible experience, for the price you ask for Yardzen I would expect I better experience. Would NEVER recommend them to anyone and I wish I saw this page before purchasing.

• Jill Mitchell
    sidste år

thank you for taking the time to write this. Sorry they put you rheough that

• Michael M
    sidste år

Ashton that is not true. both my neighboor and myself have had wonderful experiances with yardzen and have awesome yards because of them

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    sidste år

^^^ The above reads suspiciously like a 'planted' positive review, since the reviewer signed on to Houzz only to make that comment!!

And one has NO business criticizing someone else's experience with this organization....you have no idea what issues they had to contend with for their design process and calling them a liar in so many words is not helping your case! Your experience may have been favorable but it is patently clear from all the comments here that is not often the case.

• Jilly
    sidste år
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}sidste år

Michael’s neighbor’s mother-in-law’s hairdresser’s dog walker’s dentist’s wife’s second cousin loves Yardzen! It made their yard a showplace!

Sorry, photos all got lost, but if you could all see them, you’d see how great the yard looks! Yardzen is the best in the whole universe!

• Michael M
    sidste år

I have a post early in this thread with my review on Yardzen and pictures of the results. My wife and I both really like our experiacne with Yardzen and thought it was well worth the price. We both had just a vauge idea of what we wanted with our space. Yardzen helped us form that vision and the plans we got with the renderings really helped when we were shoping for landscapers. I recomended them to my neighbor who has also had a good experiacne. Here are some pictures of my yard.

• Michael M
    sidste år

floral_uk - Not sure exactly what you mean by not awesome. I think its awesome. We love our back yard. We wanted something simiple. My wife and I had NO idea what we really wanted just some vauge ideas. Yardzen helped us find the vision and create a plan that was to our liking. Thats what we paid them to do. So to us it was awesome. That was my experiance. You can look at those pics and think what you want.

cecily - The before was a bsense of landscaping. This was a new how with a dirt lot for a back yard. We wanted soemthing simple and functional. That is what we got out of our design. If we had tried to come up with this ourselves it would not have been as good. Im sure we could have gone with someone local and got something similar but we had a really hard time finding a local landscaper to do the inital design for us, that was not at least as expensive as Yardzen.

Happy to post some of the renderings. I would say our yard as it is to what the renderings were is about 95% to plan.

• Jilly
    sidste år

My apologies for being snarky towards you earlier, Michael. I’m genuinely glad you’re happy with your yard.

(My other comments about Yardzen still stand. I think happy customers and finished yards are the exception, not the rule or norm. I’d never advise anyone to use them.)

• Michael M
    sidste år

Jinx - Thank you for that. And I totally understand. To each there own. Based on my experiance and that of one other person I know who is happy I would recomend them.

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    sidste år

The 'after' is also an absence of landscaping!! Aside from a lawn and some hardscaping, there is no "landscaping" to speak of.......virtually no trees or shrubs or flowering plants to soften and enhance the home and yard. This is something any competent landscape contractor could handle without the extravagantly high design fees (for minimal results) charged by Yardzen.

If you like it, fine, but you paid way more than necessary for what you got!

• JC Jones
    sidste år

One thing i agree with Michael about—it can be really challening to get someone to come to you. i lived in Houston suburbs and I could not find anyone willing to come out to the far ’burbs. i visited the ”best” nurseries, many of which have web sites stating the have design services, but all were too busy. This was pre-Covid and supply chain issues. i kinda gave up. so i am here too checking out reviews of Yazden because I grew weary of trying to find someone the first time and now it seems just as difficult with short staffing. in sum, it isn’t so easy to find someone local, especially if different skill sets are needed.

• cecily 7A
    sidste år

In the Washington, DC area experienced designers have waiting lists so that isn't unique to Houston. Tree services also have wait lists. JC Jones, if you post several photos of your yard (start a new thread) there are designers on Garden Web who will take a look and suggest whether the project is large enough that you should engage a local designer or offer suggestions if it's a smaller one.

• PRO
    Hedge and Spade Landscape Design
    sidste år

I agree with the previous comments... it can be hard for some people to find a local designer. And many of my clients simply don't like the projects that they are seeing from local designers-- they are not impressed.  Virtual designs are perfect in these cases. 

I personally can see the arguments in this thread from both sides, since I do mostly local work, but I also do virtual projects in many different states as well. I even do local virtual projects, so I can include people who are too far away for me to come to them, but they can benefit from my knowledge. It's really a win-win. That being said, I think some projects are better for virtual than others. What makes a good candidate (in my opinion)? 1: Either a new construction/empty yard, or a planned full tearout, or minimal existing plants to be kept. 2: A fairly flat yard. 3: A client who wants to be involved in the plant selection process. 4: An understanding that the client will need to either install themselves, find a good contractor who can follow the plan, or be the general contractor themselves.

Of course, all designers can be very busy with a wait list at certain times of the year, so keep that in mind. But I have found virtual design to be a fairly easy process for both me and my clients. I think it has a big future. But I also think the final design will be better if you can work with an individual designer that you can talk to, rather than working with an unknown designer at a big company.

• RK Sands
    sidste år

We just finished using Yardzen for our full house (front & back yards and exterior) design under their “outdoor transformation” package — the most expensive. For what we paid, we were overall disappointed by the results and frustrated by communication with Yardzen.

The first set of designs missed many of both the conceptual and specific things we’d asked for (e.g., green wall in one side of our yard, and certain types of plants/trees, replacing siding with stucco, keeping certain house and yard structures). The designs just seemed basic and templated with some of the design views not showing enough detail for us to understand the changes, and other design features not being technically correct (e.g., 3 steps on our front porch which is high and needs at least 5 steps). We were also missing a side yard altogether which we had to chase down. We gave them detailed feedback via a call, their website and email. In the second set of revised designs, they addressed some of our concerns but then added things that we’d also told them to specifically exclude. The exterior house design (which was also important to us and the reason we sprung for the full package) was also unimagined and templated, they essentially just added porch steps, a fence around the front yard, and a paint color — ideas we actually already had ourselves. So at the end of the design phase we were left with designs that are about 60% usable.

The 2nd part of the process is driven by their Build team which connects you with contractors. After you receive your final designs, you just start receiving calls and emails from some contractors to whom they send your designs automatically, rather than recommending a list of local contractors who customers can do basic research on (via a company website, reviews, license checks) BEFORE deciding to speak to with. It felt weird to have your personal info and designs already shared —but maybe some customers don’t mind this in their contractor search.

All in all, the experience felt so impersonal and templated with Yardzen concerned the most about pushing you through the steps of their phased process and checking the box for done. I wish we’d taken the $3000 we paid and applied it to working with a local design-build firm or landscape designer only — their design svcs are more expensive (we got quotes for $5000-15000) but we would have been left with something more usable addressing our needs and requests for the specifics of our property. It’s really hard to replace someone coming on site and walking it while talking to you. Funnily enough 2 contractors that we found on our own looked at the final designs and even for the design aspects we wanted to build out, they said the designs would need to be redone to address the realities of our property (this would be at no cost to us, so they have no incentive to push it). They said this was unfortunately often their experience with Yardzen designs provided by other customers.

Customer support interactions: You only get a brief call with a customer support rep who takes notes and brings them to the design team, so you are at the mercy of what they’re able to capture and transcribe to resolve issues. Email is available but if you think you’re responding to the person you spoke on the phone with, they’re different reps trying to close tickets with (again, templated) responses and who apparently can’t see your communication history to track ongoing issues.

A few pros: the rep I spoke to via phone was very personable and their website through which you receive your designs is fairly sophisticated. It’s a great business concept, it just needs more refining of its design/support processes to move beyond the templates.

• JC Jones
    sidste år

Cecily, thank you for the suggestion. i have two quick responses.

First, while in the ’burbs, wait list wasnt the problem. The issue was ”too far” or ”not our service area.” Local nurseries also wouldn’t schedule visits and were ”too busy” for even developing a plan based on photos and measurememts. They were, however, happy to walk me around the nursery to ”make suggestions.” There was no alternative for me. Your pointing out that DC has a wait list speaks to my point that it is often very challenging to find a designer. Houston and DC are major metros; imagine the difficulty finding someone when living in rural areas or small towns or living away from mid sized towns? Huge #s of people live in areas that are not teeming with ”local designers.”

Second, I will not post for landscaping advice on Garden Web. I did that about 10 years ago (when living in a mid sized city and after also not being able to find a landscaper /designer to visit our home on the outskirts of town). I was polite, and i asked for general ideas (rather than a detailed list of questions requiring oodles of time) and comments were snarky about ”hire a landscaper.” This saddened me because I had tried not to demanding , but commenters took the opportunity to chastize posters for looking for ”free advice.” That being said, I DO see posters on forums who try to do exactly that, so I can understand the reaction. Bottom line, I won’t seek advice on a project on a forum.

I see enough negative comments that I probably wo’t use Yadzen or a related company, but I wanted to share my experience. There is Definitely A Need for companies like Yadzen because local designers are difficult to find, especially small and mid sized projects.

• James Carlson
    sidste år

I recently went through the design process with Yardzen and overall the process was very easy and the finished design looked great HOWEVER, when I got quotes from two contractors the COST WAS TWICE AS MUCH as the design budget I gave Yardzen. One of the contractors was vetted and recommended by Yardzen. This is a hole in their process. A great design that is not in budget does us no good.

• Anand Ghody
    sidste år

I did not have the best experience with Yardzen. If you are in CA or have a moderate budget in mind, probably ok, that is what their designs are catering to - I'm in neither of those categories. Did not like the process of having no actual personal conversation. The first version of their rendering was far from what I had in mind. A lot of time spent on feedback, which felt mostly ignored. I had a local landscaper come by today who has done several homes in the neighborhood. He showed me the design for the backyard of the house 3 doors down from me, the 3d imaging of the that design was ridiculously good. I had the yardzen design up and felt even more disappointed in the whole yardzen experience. we chatted for 45 minutes and left that conversation saying "yes! That is exactly what I'm talking about". I felt like we were able to get on the same page with that short conversation,, none of which is part of the yardzen experience. At the end of yardzen process I told them I'm cutting my losses, and would NOT recommend them.

• PRO
    Revolutionary Gardens
    sidste år

I would caution any contractors reading this to field verify the holy heck out any Yardzen plans. One of my friends trusted the drawing and ended up 80 sq ft short of a special order paver. If Yardzen is going off the plat and a client's best guesses, there is an error factor. This is why I don't install anything we don't design.

• vijaya bali
    sidste år

Completely negative experienceexperienceexperienceexperience

• lee redmond
    sidste år

they are the worst, their technology is terrible and sucked all my time up. Avoid at all cost.

8 måneder siden

I read this whole thread before taking a risk on Yardzen. I have a pretty small project, where it's not cost effective to work through the entire design process with an expensive landscape architect. I thought the risks were minimal ...

but my experience with Yardzen was terrible! So I wanted to circle back to this thread, even though it's pretty old and add my voice to the chorus above warning you to avoid Yardzen. It's not worth it.

I spent quite a bit of time on the questionnaire, but got a first iteration back from Yardzen that was SUPER far from what I was looking for. The house was a color I specifically said I didn't want. The aesthetic was super contemporary, even though my house is craftsman style. It felt like the info I entered wasn't even considered.

I added a bunch of feedback (more time wasted). I even met with a designer they offered to put me in touch with. After that virtual meeting, I felt better. But when my final design came back, I had so many weird design details in my drawings ...for example, counter seating facing a fence. You can always pay for them to do further iterations, but at this point, it felt like a bottomless pit. You can keep giving feedback, but there's a real disconnect between the client and the design team.

The risks here are more than just your money; it's your time and energy as well.

• KA SR
    7 måneder siden

Thanks for this thread, How does one find a good local designer? The last two I contacted were no shows after giving me time! Am in SF Bayarea.

• Kathryn Naish
    3 måneder siden

I used Yardzen …they promised me it would take three weeks and seven months later it still wasn’t done. They were extremely disorganized. I had to meet them over and over to tell them the same thing. I convinced me if I paid more money for more items then they could finish the project. Nothing was done still. Later I found out to do it locally it would’ve caused half the price. I explained everything to them very nicely, and they were terribly rude and wouldn’t give me any money back and wouldn’t complete the project that they initially signed me up to do. I literally have an agreement with them and they won’t follow through They are complete rip offs. I would go to Shrubhub if I were you.

• cambhs
    2 måneder siden

No go with Yardzen!!! I wasted time, money, and effort using them and in the end had to hire a local designer to do my yard. Only had 15 or 30 min time slots (rushed) to meet with a Yardzen rep. Never met with the designer to complete my yard. Felt like the "telephone game" where you start with what you want and when you get the design it is nothing like you communicated. All designs very AI! If it was realistic, that would be okay, but it was very "cartoon-ish", fake, unrealistic. Since they are not local to where I live, plants just not a good fit for climate. I wish I had my $2400 back. If you want input into your design and expect to meet with a designer to realize your vision, Yardzen is not the way to go! Fair warning! Run, don't walk to the nearest exit!

• Katie
    2 måneder siden

Yardzen is horrible!! Total ripoff shocking that they arent capable of finising a deisgn. I had to hire someone local to completley redo the design and I wasted 6 months waiting for them to do it bc I already paid them in full in the beginning!!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.