karen_pilo

What can I do to update/change color of this stone?

Karen Pilo
3 år siden

I have the same stone under the bar. It must have been installed by novice as there are many gaps. It’s placed over an older ugly red brick. Sorry for the mess but we are squeezed into basement during upstairs remodel. I want to use gray floors down here.

(7) kommentarer

• Sonia
    3 år siden

The colour’s quite nice, just the fireplace size is overwhelming. You can paint brick with a whitewash which will make it less in your face.

Karen Pilo thanked Sonia
  • E D
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

I quite like the ‘bar’ (with your stools).

It would suit a modern mid-century interior.

Karen Pilo thanked E D
  • Jules Mc
    3 år siden

A couple of years ago this would have screamed 'demolish ' to me but perhaps because of the amount of USA design shows I watch (not bragging 🤦‍♀️! ) these are becoming increasingly sought after again. I'm with E D on the mid century vibe working well as the bar stools show.
    My concern would be because it hasn't been installed well but, if its safe, it could be pointed up.

Hope you don't mind me saying that the ceiling would be what I'd be looking to change before considering the fire and bar areas .
    Good luck with what you decide and a few more inspo photos for you.

Karen Pilo thanked Jules Mc
  • Karen Pilo
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thanks everyone. Yes, the ceiling is being changed to a more modern drop tile. The floor will be a vinyl tile. I am definitely keeping the bar stools. There are 2 more in different colors that were inherited with the house also!

• E D
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden
  • Jules
    3 år siden

The gaps are because it's an imitation of dry stone walling so I have an off the wall idea :) plant sedums and air plants into the gaps, add large planters filled with large structural foliage, philodendron monstera, parlour palms, citrus orange and lemon trees for cocktails would give a definite 80's upmarket bar feel. Above all have fun x

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.