ariana_krouse

Decor: adding a touch of masculinity for a bedroom?

Ariana Krouse
3 år siden

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I just moved into a new apartment. I want to make sure our decor has masculine elements for him as well. My style tends to lean more contemporary and my boyfriend likes a classic elegant decor. I am looking for a way to make our bedroom more masculine as we have quite a few feminine peices in the bedroom. Everything but the furniture can be switched out and I plan on keeping the royal blue color at the least. Attached are photos of the room and a photo of the main living area as I want the design to flow throughout the apartment. Also please ignore the mess and uncompleted decor we are just getting moved in. Thanks!

I was wanting to get curtains like this (my boyfriend likes the elegance the sheer pannels add) but need to offset it with more masculinity: https://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Aurora-Home-Mix-Match-Blackout-Tulle-Lace-Bronze-Grommet-4-Piece-Curtain-Panel-Set/11816172/product.html?option=18605675&utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinterest

(11) kommentarer

3 år siden

The bedspread is decidedly feminine. I would replace it with a mustard or clay coloured doona cover. The cushions and artwork are fine. I would get matching bedside lamps, a bit larger with a light wooden base and neutral shades. If you have room you might consider moving the coffee table to the end of your bed. You could put books on top, even a world globe. I think the vertical blinds are fine. Sheers will add a more feminine touch in the bedroom. The white coffee table does not go with your lounge. You need something more robust looking and definitely not white. You can easily tie in colours between rooms with cushions, rugs etc. Good luck.

• Kate
    3 år siden

Bed looks great and the turquoise is a great accent I’d paint the white furniture darker. Could go brown black or if daring turquoise or orange. Add these ,or one of, these last two colours into your lounge as cushions and accessories

• oklouise
    3 år siden

maybe an opportunity to choose some new furnishings together and the beginning of the compromises needed to share your home..happy new life

• Mon M
    3 år siden

The colour blue works really well if you want to add some masculinity. Have you ever considered painting the wall behind the bed? Dark navy blue would be a beautiful contrast with the bed and furniture. Together with those curtains you’re after it would create that elegant look you’re looking for. If painting the wall sounds too scary you could choose a dark blue doona cover instead. Tie it al together by adding some decorations in matching colours. Repetition of one or two colours is the key secret. Yellow, gold and natural tones complement blue nicely.

• PRO
    Door42 Interiors
    3 år siden

A dark feature wall in the bedroom will definitely add a punch to the room. This dark colour can be added to the living room (and any other areas), perhaps in form of a patterned wallpaper, along with accessories like cushions, throws etc. that is assuming you’re both fans of wallpaper of course. I would also add large area rugs in both areas and add some metallic accents via accessories to achieve the elegance he likes.

• julie herbert
    3 år siden

Hi Ariana, you could have a , stunning room for both of you, bring in some drama by painting a feature wall , that will add instant impact, or keep it simple, some beautiful bedding, curtains a feature chair, gorgeous for both of you .

• oklouise
    3 år siden

sad

• kazzh
    3 år siden

😄

• differentways
    3 år siden

For me no frills and floral print anything will be enough

• Sam Shiels
    3 år siden

Hi there.

I would just go for some charcoal linen, just all out monochrome for the bedding and keep it really simple. It will make your art work command the space and simplify the look.

A patterned rug in the living room with some indoor plants will create more interest and vitality without too much fuss.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.