rich4930

Properly using blinds and curtains together?

Rich ard
3 år siden

I am removing some cheap (dust magnet) blinds in our house and I want curtains and blinds to replace them. I am not sure about whether I should be combining: 1. block out blinds with shear curtains; or 2. shear curtains with block out blinds. Is there a general rule of thumb you should follow? Thoughts?

(8) kommentarer

• dreamer
    3 år siden

Sorry, but both your options are the same?
    SHEER curtains with block out blinds, are a good combination.
    And Full curtains with sheer curtains are also a good combination.
    It depends on which room the window treatments are for, and how much light you are trying to block out.
    I have roller blinds and sheer curtains in my living areas, but block out curtains and sheers in the bedrooms.

Rich ard thanked dreamer
  • bigreader
    3 år siden

I really like the current look of s-fold sheers in front of blinds.

Rich ard thanked bigreader
  • Kate
    3 år siden

I have sunscreen blinds in my living room that I pull down during day to stop sun but can still see through . I hate sheer curtains as I find they collect dust. Benefit of blind over curtain is I can pull blind part way down to match sun, whereas curtain is always closed.
    Blockout curtains best for night time.

Rich ard thanked Kate
  • Rich ard
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you for such a thoughtful and detailed response! :D

• dreamer
    3 år siden

I agree with style precinct.
    I have sheer curtains on every window in living and bedrooms.
    Blinds with sheers in the front. Curtains with sheers behind.
    Last month my husband and I, on a sunny day, took the sheers down, room by room. I washed them in the washing machine. They came up a treat, no damage, back to perfectly white. First time that I have washed them. We have been in our home for five years. So this is not an ongoing chore. Just had the time to do it.

Rich ard thanked dreamer
  • Double D
    3 år siden

Block out then sheets, I have no problem with cleaning sheets, I have even machine washed them and hung them straight up again.

• Double D
    3 år siden

Sorry I meant sheers 😂

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.