clapot31

Brass or Chrome for Kitchen Handles

clapot31
3 år siden

Hi

Which would work best in an open plan kitchen with the light colours below and pink tiles.

I want knobs and cups for drawers but not sure to choose chrome or brass, and if I choose brass do all the switches sockets tap light fittings etc have to match. I have chrome handles on my window and a chrome under mount sink.

any thoughts please.

(5) kommentarer

• Daisy England
    3 år siden

I think brass handles go better with dark doors eg dark green, graphite or midnight blue. For light doors such a dove grey I think chrome is better suited.

Other items such as light switches don’t have to be the same .... well mine aren’t and I don’t know anybody who has swapped them because of this.

• clapot31
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thanks Daisy, that’s a good point with the dark colours. It’s an open plan space so maybe sticking to chrome in the kitchen area, and introducing some brass in the living/dining area would look ok. I’ve a retro brass drinks trolley I can’t wait to upcycle.

• Sarah U-S
    3 år siden

I’m with Daisy - I like brass too, but prefer it in darker tones. If you like a more antique effect, you could also look at pewter finishes and also nickel. Both have silvery tones. You could also go darker too - I really like a company called Jim Lawrence for handles and things - they do a gorgeous finish called “polished”. (They also do lovely matt black finishes too - they are quite pricey, but it’s often worth looking for ideas and then buying similar elsewhere!!).

• PRO
    OnePlan
    3 år siden

Black handles, appliances and taps are becoming more popular with paler colours ( Scandi influence I think )

• PRO
    Access Hardware Ltd
    3 år siden

Copper or rose gold is also a good option with those colours.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.