betsyk2001

Not Sure about New Front Door Color???

betsyk2001
3 år siden

Just had a new front door put it in and I can’t decide on what color would look best. I would really like a cranberry but I’m not sure if that would go. The trim is black I know black would probably be an easy choice but I really don’t want to black door. Any thoughts?? Thank you!!!

(26) kommentarer

• eveuchan
    3 år siden

How about Urban Bronze by Sherwin Williams?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    3 år siden

I would do it exactly the same as the windows IMO not a style that would look good another color in that wall of windows and for color add a big black planter pot filled with seasonal plants .

• felizlady
    3 år siden

Cranberry will work if you have some flowering shrubs in black pots or other cranberry accents on the front porch...maybe a couple of cranberry-colored ceramic planter pots? The walls inside the entry appear sort of tan-leaning-toward-orange. Maybe whiter lightbulbs can reduce that issue.

• betsyk2001
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

@eveuchan I don’t know urban bronze I’ll have to look it up.
    @felixlady The walls are SW Proper Gray. I think it’s just because it was such a bright day. They are actually pretty dark. I do have kind of yellow bulbs in the chandelier in the foyer. I hadn’t really noticed that thank you
    @Patricia Colwell-so do you mean going with the same beige paint for the door instead of the black?
    I hadn’t thought of that either. I like the idea of a big black planter. Thx

• betsyk2001
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Felizlady. Does it still look yellow to you?

• Houzz-bruger-ID-187528210
    3 år siden

The Tanish color of the house is my recommendation. Bring color in somewhere else

• Maureen
    3 år siden

A deep grey could be nice and then add a set of 3 large planters in front of the double windows for a more modern look

• PRO
    Norwood Architects
    3 år siden

As usual I agree with Patricia Colwell. Paint the door the same color as the surrounding windows to give a harmonious effect. Painting the door a different color makes it stand out but, unfortunately, not in a good way.

• lepstein
    3 år siden

I think cranberry would be lovely. Have seen that combination on a house near me with a heavier door (not suggesting you change your door) and always admired it. Large planters, yes. Don't think you should put whiter light in foyer. It would feel like an interrogation centre rather than the welcoming entrance it is. I changed my bathroom to whiter lights to make it brighter and because designers seem to suggest it. Hate the coolness. Will be changing it back. Love your chandelier.

• Kate
    3 år siden

I have a similar situation and the door was painted a different color than the window. I repainted it to match the windows and it looked sooo much better.

• Sue54321 ABC
    3 år siden

As everyone is recommending a blend in color but you want a pop of color - what if you picked a blend in color but added two pop
    of color vases or planters with some deep green plants to match the shrubs below?

• PRO
    Impact Precious Wood, Inc.
    3 år siden

The same color surrounding the house would look nice and contrasting it with some plants around would look nice too.

• betsyk2001
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

@Maureen In love with those planters!!!

• betsyk2001
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Okay!! Thank you guys so much! I had not even thought of painting the door the same color as the rest of the condo. I’m going to have that done this week and start shopping for some pots. Thanks!!!!

• btydrvn
    3 år siden

Since this is a condo..a picture of the whole building may influence the color choice...i think it may be a way to distinguish your unit from the others

• btydrvn
    3 år siden

Also if you count on the pots to distinguish your unit ...annual colorful plantings will need to be replaced with evergreens in the winter

• betsyk2001
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

So-I don’t have any photos of the whole building because the other units face a different way. My condo is on the end so it’s the only one that faces north the other ones are face east.

• btydrvn
    3 år siden

In this setting i think a distinctive color is needed to identify your unit more easily..a lime green comes to mind as it connects with the natural green surroundings but is still distinctive...the pots can also have the yellow green (evergreen)shrubs so you have a strong color statement that is not conflicting with the overall surroundings...and requires no seasonal attention

• btydrvn
    3 år siden

A few pots in the same theme in the patio area will also make it clear what your unit is encompasses...

• btydrvn
    3 år siden

As well as on the balcony..for the same reasons

• betsyk2001
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you! I had not thought to tie my bedroom balcony and my 2 patios to the front door.

• btydrvn
    3 år siden

With all the different architectural aspects ...i think i sort of “ defines your territory”.... in general makes it feel bigger ...more impressive

• Jill
    3 år siden

I think a bright color would be great. Yellow, lime green, cranberry all sound good and then add a planter with the color. I love the color on your neighbors door that seems to match their umbrella.

• kayozzy
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

Try a color visualizer. I am loving the Loyal blue and Valentine!

• Mary Riva
    3 år siden

yes to Black. You’ll like IT

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.