kerry_gleeson

What bench tops?

Kerry Gleeson
3 år siden

Hi, I’m replacing bench tops and splash backs in an existing kitchen.

ive decided on tinted mirror splashback but I can’t decide on bench top. I’m looking caesarstone or something similar,or perhaps Halifax oak in laminate. I love the Halifax oak, but wondering if it would be too much with my timber floors. If I go stone, I’m not a fan of the marble look which I know is very popular at the moment and I certainly don’t want a cold tone.. I’m thinking savannah in the stone ambassador range but wondering if it might be too busy. Will upload photos of existing kitchen

(5) kommentarer

• Black Bamboo
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

To be honest all of those engineered stone choices are pretty safe and blah. I think you are absolutely right in wanting something with warmth on the benchtop but an oak laminate is probably going to look weird with your laminate flooring since they are two different wood grains in different colours. Your kitchen is plain white so a stunning benchtop is a great choice.

Just a suggestion, but I personally think a designer terrazzo may be a better choice. It's the same thing as engineered stone but the colours and speckling is a little bolder. I think the blush, cardi, cuba, chai tea, gold and canteloupe are all nice warm terrazzo's here. I do realise it's not the 'on trend' choice and a lot of people find terrazzo a bit much. But hey, its an option that no-one else is going to put forward so there it is.

https://www.marbletrend.com/products-category/terrazzo/

• Kate
    3 år siden

Unless you match that gorgeous table then no to timber. And really I would let the table be the timber feature.

• PRO
    Door42 Interiors
    3 år siden

Hi Kerry,

I agree with you that the Oak will be too much with the timber floors. They are gorgeous by the way, love your flooring! The marble look benchtop actually makes a great pairing with mirrored back splashes and is usually a beautiful combo. I understand you not wanting the overall look to be cold, there are some warmer marble options with very subtle veining which you could explore? The Savannah does look a bit busy as it's heavily speckled, with your flooring I would go simpler on the benchtop letting the light background come through as much as possible. A nice option would be Caesar Stone Frozen Terra (or similar) which also has a light background, is sparsely speckled yet has enough to keep your bench top interesting, and coordinates nicely with light and dark timbers. I think something like that will tie your mirrored splashback, white cabinets and wood floors together nicely. All the best with it👍!

• Kerry Gleeson
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated! I’m leaning towards the Caesar stone Frozen Terra that Metamorphosis suggested. Hoping to see it in full slab in the next day or so.

• PRO
    Compass Kitchens
    3 år siden

Hi Kerry, the Caesarstone will also make your Kitchen look newer and more modern style. Just take care to make sure the colour of your doors does not clash with the colour of the Frozen Terra. If you go to the Caesarstone colour range page https://www.caesarstone.com.au/colours you can ask them to send you out some short listed colour samples which they will do free of charge for you.

Hope this helps, Malcolm.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.