sucasastaging_redesign

Need input on living room layout- thanks!

sucasastaging_redesign
3 år siden
sidst ændret:3 år siden

Hi there

right now I’m trying to put my living room back together! The only thing that may be staying is the tan/camel couch! below is a photo that I love of a living room and I would like to replicate something similar:

my challenges are this: I think the ottoman is too big- correct? This one is a 48” square and I think a 40” would fit better..

i placed chairs around the room just to get an idea of the space- where the black two chairs are- should I do something similar and get more of grey/ white accent chairs in that spot? Or a longer couch?

where the brown arm chair is- should I put something similar in a light blue or white/ grey?

thanks for any input!

This is the photo/ inspiration that I really like:

below is my living room with staged furniture to see scale/ ottoman too big? Accent chairs or couch better??

(17) kommentarer

• jck910
    3 år siden

Except for the ottoman scale looks good. Yes to a 40" ottoman

wayfair.com

kohls.com

sucasastaging_redesign thanked jck910
  • sucasastaging_redesign
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you for input and I really like that grey chair! I didn’t even know Kohl’s had furniture :) so would you say two accent chairs instead of another sofa or love seat?

• jck910
    3 år siden

Yes 2 chairs NO loveseat usually only 1 sits on a loveseat so a waste

• sucasastaging_redesign
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you- yes the media area is next area to tackle but I like the idea of a longer lower console or credenza- appreciate the feedback

do you have any suggestions for the large brown arm chair area? Would it look strange with a couch, and basically 3 accent chairs? The two where the black ones are and another one where arm Chair is?

• sucasastaging_redesign
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Ok so once I moved my enormous tree after Christmas and got the white couch- I may not think the ottoman is too big now? At first I thought it was just way too big but now I kinda think it looks ok? But also still big? Maybe a smaller one would be better? And do you think the leather tan chair is too mid century? I’ve had that chair forever- But originally wanted an accent chair(s) but now don’t think 2 will fit.. so maybe a more comfy lounge chair in dark grey? or leave the way it is? Thanks!

And still want to replace media console with something more neutral and longer

• sucasastaging_redesign
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

• Valinta
    3 år siden

That ottoman is still too big.

• junco East Georgia zone 8a
    3 år siden

Do you intend to keep both couches?

• sucasastaging_redesign
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Yes I think so- originally I wanted just one couch (where white one was) and then do two accent chairs where tan couch is- but then it just seemed like so many chairs!

• sucasastaging_redesign
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

too much couch? Or would smaller ottoman make it seem less crowded?

• sucasastaging_redesign
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

• PRO
    Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
    3 år siden

maybe a lighter scale ottoman? harbor ottoman and a media cabinet like this? Altan media cabinet

sucasastaging_redesign thanked Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
  • Gargamel
    3 år siden

I really like it all. It looks like the ottoman can actually be used by everyone who wants to lounge with their feet up

sucasastaging_redesign thanked Gargamel
  • sucasastaging_redesign
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

That media console is awesome! I really like that style!

thank you everyone for the input- I appreciate it!

I changed up my living room since I have 3 kiddos under 5 years old so needed somewhere that wouldn’t “break!” Haha- and they literally jump on that ottoman like a trampoline - I found it on Facebook market for $60 (and found couches on there too) so I’ll prob keep for awhile for time being and eventually get a smaller scale one when the time is right:) and maybe different chair/ more of a comfy lounge one- I’ll send you all some ideas for input when that time comes!

• PRO
    Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
    3 år siden

Hu - let me know if you need any further info on that piece - Michelle.Scott@ethanallen.com

sucasastaging_redesign thanked Michelle Scott for Ethan Allen - Laguna Niguel, CA
  • Gargamel
    3 år siden

That is a beautiful media cabinet. Very interesting reading about the tree that the wood comes from

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.