david_grote76

Love this house! Where are you buying your falun red stain?

David Grote
3 år siden

We built our Swedish farmhouse 10 years ago and painted our house Falu Red. We purchased our paint from a company in Canada and had a friend who lives in Sweden also bring us paint when he came to visit. Real Falu Red paint has gotten very difficult obtain nearly impossible for us to find since the company in Canada (Swede Paint) stopped carrying it. We’ve had to switch to Swedish pine tar paint, which they do carry, but it’s not the same. We need to paint our house again within the next few years, but I’m holding our for the real thing and will only use the pine tar paint as a last resort. Hope you have another source that you can share.

Scandinavian Farmhouse on the Sound · Mere information

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    Architecture, etc.
    3 år siden

Falu is actually a powdered pigment that is mixed with linseed oil and other simple ingredients. It is more of a heavy-bodied stain than a paint.

One US supplier I've come across is: Solvent-Free Paint. Their website telephone number indicates an upstate NY location.

Mira Steinbrecher, Principal Architect

Architecture, etc.

www.miraplans.com

• David Grote
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you. I’ll look into it. It might be the sister company from our Canadian supplier. They do have a store in Upstate NY. Yes, we’ve made that paint from scratch using the ingredients from Gysinge ( https://www.gysinge.com/categories ) we’ve also used the powered pigment from
    Falu Rödfärg for our house and out buildings. Just can’t seem to get it anymore, even from our supplier, but I’m not giving up. This is our sheep shed with new doors freshly painted with real Falu Röd

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.