davidweis

Kitchen Faucet finish & pendant lighting finish questions

Dave Weis
3 år siden

Hello my Houzz Friends! My wife and I are having a design dilemma and were hoping some of the community would weigh in!

We are trying to decide the finishes for our kitchen faucets and 2 pendant lights that will be over the island.

Here is where we're at:

The floors are concrete and will be light grey. We have a U shaped kitchen with a 9.5' island in the middle. We are doing black stained knotty alder cabinets throughout. (black with visible wood grain) and the pulls are oil rubbed bronze. The outside counters are going to be copper and we are very excited about the copper counters and committed to them.

We're planning a soapstone island, which we can change if we want. We're planning on blanco anthracite (Black) undermount sinks, one for the prep sink on the island and one for the main sink on the outside counter.

The window frames in our house are also black (if that helps).

We are kind of struggling when thinking about what finish to get on the kitchen faucets as well as the two pendant lights / small chandeliers that will be hanging over the island. With copper counters and oil rubbed bronze cabinet pulls are we committed to those two colors/metals for our faucets and pendants? Or could we do a brass faucet and pendant lights? Chrome?

(9) kommentarer

• PRO
    Globe Electric
    3 år siden

Don't feel restrained to only two options, mixing and matching the metals and textures can scale and give character to the space! However, it's nice if the elements in your kitchen have all something in common, like the style, as this will bring harmony to the space.

• Dave Weis
    Forfatter
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

Thanks @Globe Electric! We were just worried about how the copper counters might impact our choices as we did other things. We're going for a kind of "mountain modern" look and we've made a lot of choices that are turning out great so far, so just trying to keep on it. :-)

• lucky998877
    3 år siden

I would do brushed brass, it's warm like ORB and copper.

• Dave Weis
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

We were hoping for that @lucky998877, thank you for commenting and for the picture!! We have seen so many faucets and pendants we love that are brushed brass, but started to get nervous with the # of metals we're using.

• lucky998877
    3 år siden

Dave, I added a pic above, see how beautiful those metals are together :) Go for it! Take some risks and get the kitchen that excites you!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 år siden

I actually like the matte black option for the sink. bringing in a brass w/those two will be too much.

instead of ORB handles, I'd stick w/black. I mean, why ORB??

copper and black looks pretty good

for the pendants, you could prob throw in the warmer brass w/the black, but why not just stay w/the copper and black? you'll have a very distinct looking decor option. no need to throw another design element into the mix

or you could do one w/brass like this one

• Dave Weis
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Hey @Beth H. : We actually started with black pulls in mind, but with our sample of cabinetry it didn't look..right. Maybe it was because the black was blacker than our cabinets, if that makes sense? I think it's because you can see some slight wood tones/grain in it, vs being a black painted cabinet. You're making us consider painting our cabinets instead of staining them. :-)

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    3 år siden

I'd love to see your ebonized alder! how are they doing it? I've stained my own alder doors w/a dark walnut. just know that it does take stain darker in some spots than others

as a suggestion, if you want it really black, have them use a black aniline dye first, and then apply the ebony stain color. I did it w/my oak and it came out perfectly black

here's a coat of the dye

and then I did General Finishes Ebony gel stain (hard to get a good pic w/black)

did it on all the window trim too. you can still see the grain

• Dave Weis
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

@Beth H. : in my wife's words..."Those are so sexy!!!" That looks fantastic! We may want ours darker now that we see that.

Here is the best picture I have of our sample, next to some ORB pulls, of course. :-) Bright lighting and close up.

I think we may swing by and speak with our cabinet maker tomorrow and see about your suggestions on the dye front, or potentially paint instead of stain. We REALLY like how you can see the wood grain texture in your pictures.

I also love your black door trim! We have been planning white trim with tricorn Black doors(Sherwin Williams color). We had been discussing whether we should just paint our cabinets in tricorn black too. HMMMMM..

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.