hunt597

How is the wood transitioned to the stone?

hunt597
3 år siden
I am interested in having a butcher block at the end of my large island to reduce the size stone slab I need. Do you think its possible to have a wine fridge under a portion of the butcher block at the end of the island?
Signal Hill, Calgary · Mere information

(4) kommentarer

• PRO
    Michael Burr Design
    3 år siden

These surfaces butt up together with the wood top being thicker to create a bulkier feel. Yes, you can place a bar fridge under the wood section and using a different material instead of having a seam is a very good idea. Good luck with your project!

hunt597 thanked Michael Burr Design
  • hunt597
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. Would you mind looking at my island and giving me your opinion? I'd like to have the butcher block end at right hand end of the island near the fridge. I do have 4' between the island and the fridge. I need to reduce the size of my stone slab (hopefully soapstone) I'd guess by about 36" to make it look balanced. What do you think?

Thank you!!

• PRO
    Michael Burr Design
    3 år siden

Assuming that is a bar or beverage fridge I would have it facing out the back rather than the side. You want the wood section to be big enough to feel like it wasn't just added on. Here's another example of mine

https://www.houzz.com/photos/altadore-calgary-transitional-kitchen-calgary-phvw-vp~156518128

hunt597 thanked Michael Burr Design
  • hunt597
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Super! Thanks so much for the help!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.