humphrj

timber used in this type of pergola.

Julie Humphreys
3 år siden

Getting quotes for a free standing pergola with timber battens as shown in attached photo. The question is what is the best type of timber to use in the construction? Hardwood , merbau, Blackbutt , pine or are there others I should use? It must be able to withstand all weather ( I live in Geelong, Victoria Australia), plus the battens must look modern and in trend. Therefore looking at wood size as well. And finish mmm.... does the pergola need to be stained or oiled? So many questions where to find the answers 😉

Curl Curl pergola · Mere information

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Get Decked Out
    3 år siden

Hi Julie

These are Spotted Gum battens.

I recommend using Cutek extreme oil

I dont recommend Merbau

I hope this helps

let me know if you need any further help

Regards

Rod

• Julie Humphreys
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you so much for this advice, I have been so confused with choices and which is the best to use. Just another thought would this be with hardwood posts?

• PRO
    Get Decked Out
    3 år siden

it was over an existing pergola that had been painted.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.