seonaid_reid85

How do you get such a large area of glass?

Seonaid Reid
3 år siden
The large areas of glass look great, but how did you meet the 25% floor area plus existing opening constraints of the Building Regs?
Western gardens · Mere information

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    IMBY3 Architecture & Design
    3 år siden

Hi Seonaid. The rear of the house qualifies as open plan so the floor area is greater than the photo would make it appear. Therefore we were below the 25% threshold and no SAP was required. If you are planning a project with glazing more than the 25% it is possible to work through the specification to improve the performance elsewhere in the property as a 'trade-off'. You should then be able to show the 'trade-off' as part of your SAP calculation. I hope that helps.

• Seonaid Reid
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

That's very helpful, many thanks for the quick response.

• belgraveroad
    3 år siden

I live in East London and has applied for planning permission to add a garden room to the rear of my existing extension. The plan was to project the garden room about 3 m and the Newham Authority has said they will only allow 1.5m. Any suggestions? Should I go for a pergola instead of the glass garden room?

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.