maria_salama4231211

Laying out tiles vertical or horizontal?

Maria Salama
3 år siden

we will install new tiles in our cloakroom .

our cloakroom is very narrow as you can see in the photo . We chose the marble effects tiles 600*300 size to go on the wall . But we need your advice please shall we go vertical or horizontal?

(8) kommentarer

• minnie101
    3 år siden

I’d go horizontal. Laying them vertically will make the room feel narrower

• Anthony (Beano)
    3 år siden

Another vote for horizontal

• Carolina
    3 år siden

Horizontal for me too :-)

• PRO
    Design By Kurys
    3 år siden

Definitely horizontal, have you considered taking the tiles up to dado height and then painting above, rather than tiling top to toe? You could then hang a piece of contemporary artwork to give it a more cloakroom feel and by having the tiles stop at dado height would make your eye go round rather than up further enhancing the feeling of space. I would do away with the wall hung storage cabinet, it brings the back wall forward making the space feel smaller. See a photo

Edwardian Upper Villa Conversion for London Client · Mere information

of a bathroom we did recently, the horizontal striped tiles made it feel double the size.

• Jen
    3 år siden

Agreed - horizontal, half-height tiling, and art!

• LTS
    3 år siden

Hi Maria where did you source the marble effect tile from please? I’m looking for a crisp white subtle marble and have so many samples already but they’re all too creamy to go with my shower tiles. Thanks

• Maria Salama
    Forfatter
    3 år siden
  • Maria Salama
    Forfatter
    3 år siden

Thank you everyone in advance! I think we will go with horizontal .

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.