webuser_536515027

What size door for 22x56 pantry?

I am re-doing my kitchen and looking to change the pantry door. It’s a 24in door in the middle of my 56in wide pantry. It’s always open and drives me crazy in the way (galley style kitchen). I’m thinking to widen the door for either bifolds or french doors. Any advice?

(3) kommentarer

• PRO
    Labra Design Build
    3 år siden

Hi! I'd recommend removing the pantry and using 2 pantry cabinets instead there. The upper section can have pullouts as well for even more functional space:

https://www.houzz.com/photos/new-hudson-1950-s-ranch-renovation-transitional-kitchen-detroit-phvw-vp~116555146

New Hudson 1950's Ranch Renovation · Mere information

• Maureen
    3 år siden

Either type, I think you may still be dealing with an open door in the way, only smaller.

Do you think a slider could work/be convenient.

• Buehl
    3 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 år siden

I like Maureen's ideas. If an open door is an issue, then the sliding might be better. The first one looks nicer, though. The first also gives you the option to have both doors open and a wider opening/view at one time.

In either case, don't make the shelves too deep. 12" is the "sweet spot" for pantry shelving...

-- deep enough to fit food (including cans 2 or 3 "deep" and wider/deeper items like cereal boxes) and most, if not all, small appliances,

-- but, not so deep that things get lost in the depths.

You might be able to go as deep as 15", but I wouldn't go any deeper.

No to pantry cabinets...they're less efficient/less useful and more expensive than a reach-in pantry like you already have. In fact, a reach-in is arguably the best type of pantry...

-- no space "wasted" on aisles like in a walk-in pantry

-- but, still able to use the entire space, floor-to-ceiling, for storage and able to see the contents with a sweep of your eyes (no opening/closing drawers or doors when trying to find something).

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.