joon2

Entrance decoration help! Have no idea what to put

joon2
2 år siden

Got this entrance buffet but have no clue what so ever on how to make it look nice

I'm thinking some artwork and some decors items on the buffet

Thank you!

(13) kommentarer

• Julie Herbert
    2 år siden

I think two beautiful mirrors would look fabulous, or artwork with some luxury decor items and a beautiful lamp

joon2 thanked Julie Herbert
  • robandlyn
    2 år siden

A large decorative mirror, or a couple as Julie suggests, for the wall. But PLEASE centre your buffet on the wall first!

joon2 thanked robandlyn
  • PRO
    joon2 thanked Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
  • joon2
    Forfatter
    2 år siden

Hi Julie, love those mirrors

Would you know website where I can get those?

I look around but couldn't find anything similar

Thank you!

• User
    2 år siden

I'll get it out of the way before I even start -- I like colour ! So personally I'd repaint that wall in a grape or similar -- that tone there is too safe for me . BUT even ignoring that , I suspect my advice would work with either the existing colour , or 'my' choice .

I'd shift the buffet right , have a tall plant in a maybe pinky/mauvy glazed pot ( or dimpled white pot or similar if playing safe ) between the buffet and the window . I can't quite see , but I assume there is a light switch and temp control or similar on the wall -- a well-chosen pot plant won't hide that totally ,but it will take the focus off , and of course add some life !

I'd do a large artwork on the wall -- knifed on colours , lots of purple and mauve and royal blue and white and butter and a bit of red and yellow and brown -- you get the idea !

The buffet itself I'd put a bright red mat on ( although most safe people may opt for burgundy haha ) -- reasonably large . With a dimpled white vase and 'stalks' -- a dried arrangement ; a dimpled white lamp on the left side , maybe that mauvey/pinky shade on the shade haha .

And how about a large burgundy shaggy rug in the centre of the space ? Or a smaller one by the door if you feel that would overdo it ?

joon2 thanked User
  • dkin0577
    2 år siden

Definitely add a rug as suggested . The tones all seem to wash into each other. I’m not a fan of the wall colour for this reason - would you consider changing it?

joon2 thanked dkin0577
  • Jesse F
    2 år siden

love the buffet where is it from? I

joon2 thanked Jesse F
  • Houzz-bruger-ID-640108217
    2 år siden

Hello! Looking at the entrance there would appear to be four colours & they clash. The wall colour, the buffet, the floor & the wood around the door. That may be a play on light, it may well be darker. I would replace the wall colour with a textured wallpaper, perhaps a grass paper or choose a patterned wallpaper & a large plain lamp. Incorporate colours from the wallpaper into a rug. There are some beautiful wallpapers around & your entrance is large enough to take a larger pattern. Choose to be different & make your entrance a reflection of your taste.

joon2 thanked Houzz-bruger-ID-640108217
  • joon2
    Forfatter
    2 år siden

Hi Jesse F

I got it from https://www.oliverbirch.com.au/ local furniture shop

• PRO
    Designer Rugs
    2 år siden

We would absolutely recommend an entrance rug, always makes a good first impression! Some inspiration here - https://www.designerrugs.com.au/residential/inspiration/entry-and-hallway/

The burgundy colour of the wall is a great jumping off point - some rich jewel toned florals would work really well!

joon2 thanked Designer Rugs
  • PRO
    Reis Voyage Corrugated Art
    2 år siden

Hi! Great clean space, maybe some abstract or colourful wildlife art would look great and take away the darkeness of the wall? Agree definitely would centre the buffet on the wall first. Here is little of what we do.

joon2 thanked Reis Voyage Corrugated Art
  • PRO
    Lauren Shiels Interior Design
    2 år siden

Hi there.

Big landscape orientated piece of art, go for something bold or colourful. Make sure the art is less wide than the cabinet though. Light styling like a plant or ceramic piece, keep it simple.

joon2 thanked Lauren Shiels Interior Design
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.