webuser_327970142

Dark maroon chesterfield on white tiles?

Mahak Mehta
2 år siden

G'day,
Please share your opinion, as how would dark maroon chesterfield couch look on white tiles? I like the couch but I am not sure how will it look or am I pushing myself too much for this design.
P.s. I can't take blue one in photo, since I do not like velvet at all.

(5) kommentarer

• C P
    2 år siden

I think you might need a darkish rug to reduce the contrast

• Julie Herbert
    2 år siden

Yes add a rug and some luxurious accessories

• dreamer
    2 år siden

Yes, just cover the white tiles with a very large floor rug.

• User
    2 år siden

I love the couch , and I think it is strong enough to be a feature on its own , but white tiles on their own can look a bit cold . Like the others , I suspect it would look like the entry foyer to a high end office building , rather than a house , so the detail items are important .

A large rug , to me , is almost apologising for the tiles , and also risks being overpowering . I'd do a rug similar tones to Julies 1st pic , but depending on the room size , only maybe 1400 x 2mtrs or similar , so at least twice as much tile as rug could be seen .

Without seeing your house , style , and overall look , I'd take a stab and say I'd probably match the couch with a larger , gold framed mirror on the wall -- depending on other colours in the room , that may not work , but in a neutral palette that would be my 'go-to' .

• PRO
    Designer Rugs
    2 år siden

We agree, a rug will really help with the hard contrast between the lounge and flooring, and make it a bit warmer underfoot as well. If you're looking to fill a particular sized room, it might be hard to find a rug the correct size, so custom made might be the go!

The burgundy colour gives you a lot to play with - for a bold option, try pinks and warm tones!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.