louise_golden39

Will open living with a kitchen island work in this space!

Louise Golden
2 år siden
sidst ændret:2 år siden

We are currently renovating our new house. At the moment we are planning to open up the kitchen/dining/living room?

Our wants are a lovely open plan area for us and our 3 children and i’d love an island for entertaining and casual dining. Can we make this work? Any suggestions welcomed ? We are adding a front extension that will add a small snug type room. Have added the floor plan for rough dimensions the top photo is more accurate though.

(2) kommentarer

• Ellie
    2 år siden

Just wondering if you have lived with open plan before? I think it a bit extreme to go from 3 rooms to 1 big open space. To me it makes sense to have one open kitchen/dining space. I'd always have a separate proper living room though....

• PRO
    Ian Dunn Woodwork & Design
    2 år siden

Hi Louise,

There are ways you can probably make this work, just make sure you don't lose a sense of scale and separation between spaces if the open plan becomes too big. To give you a couple of ideas:

Hope it helps,

IDW&D

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.