tutusperson

What tiles should I use for our deck?

tutusperson
2 år siden
sidst ændret:2 år siden

We are going to build an alfresco area underneath this covered deck which will involve putting down fiber cement sheets and laying porcelain tile over this rectangular covered area.

Any thoughts on what color/type of porcelain tile might be compatible with the existing Merbau screening? Also, the tile will adjoin the existing timber decking which will stay in the uncovered area (where you see the Adirondack chair) so a good transition will be important,

many thanks for your ideas!

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Davidson Design Studio
    2 år siden

Is there a particular reason you want to replace the timber with tiles in the uncovered area?

I always think it is better to stay with one or two key materials and if you are keeping the uncovered area as decking, and also keeping the merbau screen, then it may be better to keep the covered flooring as decking.

We have laid tiles over a decking structure before and it can be problematic with the inevitable movement of the timber causing cracking in the grout lines. Flexible grout can be used, however it is never a perfect solution.

If you are looking to change up the surface, then maybe consider painting or a different stain to all the timber areas.

I hope this has helped!

• tutusperson
    Forfatter
    2 år siden

Hi, we are keeping the timber in the uncovered area. it is the main area in the photo that needs to be tiled becasuse we are taking up the decking to install a fiber cement subfloor.. all this to create dry al fresco area below. not sure what color tiles will coordinate with timber screening.

• C P
    2 år siden

Can you share a photo of the covered area? We can only see the uncovered area

• tutusperson
    Forfatter
    2 år siden

Hi, the shaded area is covered with a flyover roof; the sunny area at the back does not have any cover.

• tutusperson
    Forfatter
    2 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}2 år siden

Everything up to the screening at back right is under a CoolDeck flyover roof with fans and lighting.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.