courtney_blizzard

Backsplash help

Court B
2 år siden

We have yet to install backsplash. Whites are too white. Grey can seem slightly off. Greige tones match well but also match wall. There really isn’t much to tile except the corner and behind stove. Two windows on either side of stove. Kitchen is open. Other side is windows and we have a lot of wood. Old beach home w chunky shiplap walls on other side and wood ceilings in sunk in living room/dark beams. So leaning towards simple.

(6) kommentarer

• mxk3 z5b_MI
    2 år siden

Bring in a blue that echoes the tone of your island. Doesn't have to be that bold -- even a light soft blue will do.

Court B thanked mxk3 z5b_MI
  • kj s
    2 år siden

I wish I had a home where patterned tile would make sense. I would go for the encaustic looking one.

Court B thanked kj s
  • PRO
    MP DESIGN
    2 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}2 år siden

Given your photos/design, I would suggest to stick with a white backsplash in order to not compete with the countertop. A 3D white tile or a white iridescent one like suggested by Lyn Nielson above, I think are great options to make a bit more intereresting vs. just plain white subway tile. I would try to match the white (cool vs. warm) as close as possible to the white in the quartz coutnertop. Here's an example from a projects we did, granted the coutnertop is a bit darker:

Court B thanked MP DESIGN
  • User
    2 år siden

I would not do anything that competes with the countertop

• PRO
    Everything Home
    2 år siden

Why not look into continuing the countertop upwards in those two small areas. It might look something like this design of ours included here.

Urban-Modern Centerville Farmhouse · Mere information

Urban-Modern Centerville Farmhouse · Mere information

Court B thanked Everything Home
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.