hzdeleted_71413903

Renovation - Cooker Hood?!

User
2 år siden

We are currently renovating a small bungalow and with the new kitchen design we will be having the electric hob on the breakfast bar. Google tells me that the hood should sit no higher than 65cm and worktop to ceiling is currently at 143cm! So does this mean we will have to build a frame that drops for the hood to sit in? The ceilings already feel so low, i was shocked to know of the max distance, I now feel its going to make the room feel even smaller!

Through everything so far, this is the hardest thing to overcome! There are just so many to choose from, any help is really appreciated!

(7) kommentarer

• minnie101
    2 år siden

Hi, 65cm is actually the minimum required distance, not maximum, between the hob and extractor for induction hobs, the distance is slightly higher for gas. Some companies will also recommend a maximum height abive the hob for the extractor to operate efficiently but you should be fine given ceiling height.

If youre having stools, i would just think of safety aspect of people sat behind the hob

• Daisy England
    2 år siden

Wren should point all this out to you if you’re using them to purchase the kitchen.

You may also be interested in the Wren Kitchen Disasters FB page before commiting to buying from them. Many of their products are coming through faulty.

• Jonathan
    2 år siden

If it’s a small property is there enough room on the stool side of the peninsula? Would an L shaped kitchen suit the space better? (Sink under window, hob where the sink is now, table in the middle)

• PRO
    Lifestyle Kitchens
    2 år siden

Agree with all the above, especially about wren not pointing out to you about the extractor and speaking of which, what sort of extractor are you considering over the hob because you might have an issue with clearances. Ideally with electric hobs and especially induction the size of the extractor needs to be much wider than the hob https://www.neutratest.com/en/cooker-hood-guide/need-to-know-about-cooker-hoods/width to capture steam and cooking smells. Looking at the elevation my concern is will the wall unit door thats inline with the peninsular open ok once there's an extractor in position, Your hob is about 750 from the wall, wall unit is 300ish deep and if its a 500 door then its going to open to 800 and be over the hob/extractor zone.

• PRO
    Peden & Pringle Ltd
    2 år siden

We would recommend you look at BORA: https://www.bora.com/gb/gb/service/extractor-hood/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxLuivPma9QIVVIXVCh3bfwBFEAAYASAAEgIu0PD_BwE They have an excellent YouTube channel also. You can opt for self circulating or ducted. Good luck. Best, P&P

• Sam K
    2 år siden

Would also recommend a BORA hob. sightlines not affected at all by an exposed hood. We have had one for 3 yrs and had it ducted. No smells linger or drift into the open plan dining area. So easy to clean and maintain worth the investment.

• PRO
    Pennine Kitchen Designs
    2 år siden

As above, it's a bit concerning that Wren haven't sorted this.

Alternatively, what about a hob with extraction? We commonly include these in our kitchens now.

https://www.elica.com/GB-en/extractor-hobs

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.