dene126

Lime pergola

dene126
2 år siden
I love your natural pergola and am trying to do one here in Minnesota and have elected to use hardy pear trees. I am curious about the height of the trees in this photo and if you would have any advice that you would care to share as I just planted mine this past autumn.
Ideas for creating a small courtyard garden · Mere information

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    Claudia De Yong Garden Design
    2 år siden

https://www.houzz.com/user/dene126 thank you for your question and how lovely that you have planted some of these umbrella style pear trees. The final height of the trees can be around 5 metres with a spread of 4 metres. I think from memory as they were already quite well eatablished, they were around nearly 4 metres. These were plums and as such tend to drop when ripe and obvioulsy can attract insects so be mindful of this if sitting under in the summer months. Pears tend to be slower growers but will also need good support in the beginning and treat as you would a normal fruiting tree throughout the year.

dene126 thanked Claudia De Yong Garden Design
  • dene126
    Forfatter
    2 år siden

Claudia, Thank you so much for the additional information! I'm looking forward to our three weeks holiday to England this May to visit a number of RHS gardens ending with the Chelsea Flower Show!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.