kira_sjoberg

Brass faucet to match Schoolhouse brass hardware

K S
2 år siden

We are remodeling the kitchen and using brass hardware from Schoolhouse (the hexagon knob and the two rectangular pulls) - curious if anyone can recommend a faucet that would match? I originally bought a stainless Kohler which I like but now I’m thinking I want a brass faucet.

(15) kommentarer

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}2 år siden

how about a matte black? that's what I used w/mine. also have a copper sink

otherwise, just get one that's close in tone. doesn't have to be exact

• K S
    Forfatter
    2 år siden

Thanks! I love matte black but in San Diego we have hard water and it seems to destroy black sinks and faucets so I am afraid to go for it.

• scout
    2 år siden

I have one or two of those knobs from schoolhouse and some new kohler faucets in modern brass. I can check tomorrow if they match that finish. I put the kallista faucet in the kitchen which is black and brass and looks fabulous.

• kculbers
    2 år siden

Beautiful hardware!! I love Schoolhouse.com items; great quality. I purchased most of my lighting fixtures from Schoolhouse! Everyone should checkout their website. Most items are made in their specialized factories in the USA!!

• daisychain Zn3b
    2 år siden

I also love schoolhouse, but just a note for CDN readers, they ship to Canada, but are not safety rated for here. I ordered some fixtures and they were shipped and I love them, but the liscensed electrician said he couldn't install b/c of this and I had to install them myself. He looked them over and said they were fine.

• PRO
    Inspiration Kitchen and Bath
    2 år siden

Not sure what your sink is but Kohler has two toned matte black and "moderne" brass, it is a really cool faucet. We have this faucet in our studio, really love it!!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 år siden

Kira, I'm not too far from you. I have super hard water too. w/the matte black finish, the water spots are barely noticeable. Not like the chrome or SS finishes. I have the black in my bathroom too. they stay much cleaner and no spots.

• K S
    Forfatter
    2 år siden

Oh really ? My friend’s bathroom faucet is totally destroyed. Our contractor talked us out of black finishes (esp the sink and faucet) bc of it but maybe it just depends on your house / area ?

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 år siden

what kind of black did she use? I have this Delta faucet that is going on 4 years and still looks brand new

and it's 5 years for the shower and the sink faucets by Brizo. they're perfectly fine and spot free! (although I do get the little 'stalacites" on the rain head! you can pick them off the rubber bits

I'm on the border of LA and OC and the city water is pretty hard. I suppose you could have more minerals in your water, but if that's the case, it doesn't matter what finish you choose.

The key is to rub a protectant coating on the faucet (acts like a wax) to protect them from the water. YOu'll also need to wipe them down after use so the water doesn't sit on them and build up.

You'd have to do it with the gold or brass just as often. IMO, the matte black doesn't show anything.

• chinacatpeekin
    2 år siden

Beth H, what protectant coating do you recommend? Thanks!

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    2 år siden

Brizo's Luxe Gold finish on their faucets will work great with that hardware. It's a matte finish. (The hardware, if I'm not mistaken, is actually made by Emtek. Schoolhouse sells Emtek on their site.)

Here's a powder room we did with Brizo's Invari faucet in Luxe Gold:

Beauty and the Baths: Jewel Box Powder Room · Mere information

I'd look at Brizo's Litze kitchen faucet.

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    2 år siden

there are many brands. just look at faucet polish or waxs. I think I tried this brand, but in the polish. came in a sample pack.

• scout
    2 år siden

Sorry for the late repy! Here are photos of the hardware from schoolhouse (made by emtek) and the kallista and the kohler crue faucet in modern brass.

It could be the lighting but next to the kallista, the knob looks more shiny (but my parrot sits on this part of the faucet so it cold be dull and dirty from his little feet., but there is no way anyone ould notice. The crue faucet and knob are a vey close match. I wouldnt hesitate to use the knobs with modern brass. I bought some different brass hardware for my kitchen baths and never even cmpared to the faucets. I knew they would be close enough and they are. I think you will be fine. :)

• K S
    Forfatter
    2 år siden

Thank you!!! I w see up ordering the crue one you have below, and the accessories for it (air gap, soap dispenser) and it does look close enough, thank you!!!

• K S
    Forfatter
    2 år siden

Oops typo, I meant to say I ended up ordering

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.