erohome

Suggestions for Translucent & Blackout Window Covering Combo.

erohome
sidste år

Hello.

For the two windows in my bedroom I’ve been wanting to have a design with which I can have two effects:

1. For the daytime, horizontal blinds that are light in color and translucent when closed. Perhaps wood (if there is a translucent wood).

And

2. For the nighttime, blackout shades (perhaps Roman shades?) that eliminate all (or most) exterior light for better sleep. The blackout shades could perhaps be installed in front of the translucent blinds.

I’m also searching for light-colored, translucent wood (or faux-wood) horizontal blinds for my kitchen window.

What coverings and types of installations would you recommend?

(3) kommentarer

• erohome
    Forfatter
    sidste år

^

• PRO
    Gordon's Window Decor
    sidste år

It sounds like a layered treatment will work for you.

Horizontal Sheer Shading in room-darkening fabric will block a lot of the light.

Horizontal sheer shades. · Mere information

But I would recommend pairing them with blackout drapery.

Room-darkening · Mere information

• erohome
    Forfatter
    sidste år

Thanks for the suggestion, Gordon.

An issue I have is that one of the bedroom windows has a window air conditioner installed in its space, at the bottom. So, I wouldn’t want coverings to block the air conditioner, at least during the summer, when I sleep with it on. The Horizontal Sheer Shades (and most sorts of shades or blinds) may work for that but perhaps not the drapery.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.