webuser_899978182

Help with a transition from bedroom to ensuite

Elise McGain
sidste år
sidst ændret:sidste år

Not sure what can be done here skirting boards in bedroom then tile skirting in bathroom. Heights etc are off . It's a nearly complete renovation.

(12) kommentarer

• bigreader
    sidste år

Not much. Just caulk it and live with it.

• dreamer
    sidste år

Remove the current carpet skirting boards, and install skirting that are the same height as the tile skirting. The carpet skirting look old or not yet finished. Remove them and do the renovation correctly.

• dreamer
    sidste år

And what is happening with this area. You either need tiled skirting continued or wood higher skirting continued. Is it a doorway, with a matching wall on the other side.? Is there a door?

• siriuskey
    sidste år

can you show the full opening between both rooms as kate suggested you might just be able to get away with a simple timber door frame minus the door?

• Lyn Wood
    sidste år

We have the same and the wood skirting was continued into the bathroom to meet up with the wall tiles which is the better option as the skirting is wider than a tile. Ours is a very neat job (not a reno though. From new.) It will be very noticeable  in that doorway if your continue the tiles round the corner to meet up with the skirting board.

• Elise McGain
    Forfatter
    sidste år

It's an opening from bedroom to ensuite. Didn't realise they were doing tile skirts. Ensuite floor and shower is tile. But the walls are hardie axon cladding

• Elise McGain
    Forfatter
    sidste år

I think maybe a door frame may be the go

• Kate
    sidste år

You could modify the skirting with a custom piece that matches to tile

• dreamer
    sidste år

As mentioned previously..I would remove existing skirting and install a higher/slimmer profile skirting board. Examples as per photos.

• siriuskey
    sidste år
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}sidste år

A simple square edge timber painted or natural which the tiles and skirting can butt up to, the skirting might be a bit deeper depending on the size of the timber

• PRO
    Daniel Lindahl Architecture
    sidste år

It looks like the bedroom skirtings are sitting over the carpet. I would get rid of those skirtings and just have a hard plaster finish to the bottom edge of the plasterboard, possibly with a shadowline to finish the plaster edge off. I eliminate skirtings and architraves whenever I can for a cleaner minimalist finish.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.