natasha_dodge

A 'nothing' fireplace: what should I do?

Tash D
sidste år
sidst ændret:sidste år

We are eventually planning to open this wall on to a deck but what do I do with this weird fire place in the meantime. And any options for that stained glass window?

(6) kommentarer

• siriuskey
    sidste år

Floor plan would help make decision

• Julie Herbert
    sidste år

If you just want something until you open up the wall, you could clad the fireplace, if you don’t love the window , you could either remove and plaster over or leave and cover with a large artwork or mirror, it’s really how much you want to do before your renovation, some of the new vertical cladding would certainly bring a more modern look. You could class to the ceiling and make it a feature wall. If you are going to use the fireplace make sure you get advice re cladding, but if it’s a faux fireplace you should be fine.

• PRO
    Aus Joinery Kitchens Pty Ltd
    sidste år

If the fireplace is a faux fireplace, just rip it off the wall. Get a sheet of mdf or plywood and paint it into some abstract art until you are ready to make the opening.

either lean it on the wall or nail it on until then.

• PRO
    Daniel Lindahl Architecture
    sidste år

Remove the fireplace and install the door to the future deck in its place. A full width sliding door would probably fit in best with those windows. Just leave the door locked until the deck is built!

• tinag37
    sidste år

As a temporary low cost solution paint the bricks the same colour as the walls and hang a large painting over the stained glass window.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.