moagra

HELP in need of a Mud room cabinet color different from kitchen

moagra
sidste år
sidst ændret:sidste år

I have a mudroom that is open and leads into kitchen. I am going dark on kitchen cabinets, maybe even black, white countertops and some wood mixed in somehow. I don’t want the mudroom cubbies/ shelves/ cabinetry color to be the same as kitchen. Any photo inspirations on coordinating two different rooms even though they are open to one another?

Black cabinets is kitchen inspiration photo.

The following pic is current mudroom opening up to kitchen.

I am thinking gray shiplap on walls. What color for the actual cubbies and closed cabinets which will be in mudroom?? OR do all white?? white shiplap and white cabinets… but then going into the dark kitchen cabinetry my concern is too black and white? Flooring is going to be a light to medium wide plank french oak.

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Focal Point Hardware
    sidste år

i like the idea of not having the two exact same but i think it should be thematic throughout the house. it keeps the flow. i think you should go a wood. i would say to use the same wood as the kitchen. and then use black accents like maybe a door knob in black. or black accents like hooks in the mud room.

• Maureen
    sidste år
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}sidste år

You could paint cubbies one shade lighter than kitchen, suggest simple white walls and bring in some wood to tie in the flooring.

moagra thanked Maureen
  • njmomma
    sidste år

Love the kitchen colors.

I would rethink the shiplap in the mud room. Don’t think it is needed.

I like the idea of the same color wood as the floor for cabinets in the mud room with all accents in black.

moagra thanked njmomma
  • kandrewspa
    sidste år

Shiplap as a trend is out already in some areas so will be moving out everywhere in a couple years. So no need to expend the funds and effort required to have this type of paneling. If you use some natural wood in your kitchen, use that in the mudroom as well so the color in there has some connection to the kitchen.

moagra thanked kandrewspa
  • cawaps
    sidste år
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}sidste år

I like the idea of matching your mudroom cabinets to the wood you choose for the kitchen and then pulling in the black for trim, hardware, or other accents. Following the reliable design strategy of using the same colors in different proportions from room to room.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.