lhespenlaub

half bath layout help!

lhespenlaub
sidste år

Does anybody have any suggestions on a different layout for this half bath? Something about it isnt sitting right with me. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

(22) kommentarer

• dan1888
    sidste år

Why the linen closet in that half bath with no tub or shower?

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    sidste år

Move the wall the door is in to between the sink and the linen cabinet.

• thinkdesignlive
    sidste år

I agree w what Mark said. And doing that will give more of a sense of separation by that bedroom.

• cpartist
    sidste år

Um you don't want a toilet up against the dining room, do you?

• PRO
    Debbi Washburn
    sidste år

That linen closet is huge in there. Mark and cpartist hit the nail on the head!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    sidste år
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}sidste år

IMO the counter space in the bath was too small and the linen cabinet too wide and too short.

Since there is no medicine cabinet, it's possible that someone in the powder room might need to access the contents of the linen cabinet. For that reason, I recommend the door location stays as drawn.

• PRO
    Master Edge Homes
    sidste år

I agree, the proportions look much better. appropiriate for there use and functional space

• cpartist
    sidste år

it's possible that someone in the bath might need to access the contents of the linen cabinet

It's a POWDER ROOM. There is no bath.

lhespenlaub thanked cpartist
  • PRO
    User
    sidste år

You can get a ton more storage for whatever, by condensing the powder room to just the essential space it needs. Then give over that extra space to that closet, with linen and whatever else stored in it. The main bedroom still is accessible down a short hall, but the toilet isn't backed up to either.

lhespenlaub thanked User
  • bpath
    sidste år

But you wouldn’t want that hall to come out of the middle of the dining room. Mark’s idea, as usual, works.

lhespenlaub thanked bpath
  • cpartist
    sidste år

A combo of Floored and Mark's idea would work best. Floored's toilet and vanity and Mark's hall linen.

• lhespenlaub
    Forfatter
    sidste år

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions; much appreciated! thought to add walls and doors had not entered my mind before reading the comments on this thread. Y’all opened my mind to a whole new array of options. This is the current layout that I like. I haven’t found any major flaws with it as of now but am curious to see what y’all think. Thanks again for all of the help!

• cpartist
    sidste år

I haven’t found any major flaws with it as of now but am curious to see what y’all think. Thanks again for all of the help!

That's fine as long as your guests don't mind looking into the powder room or seeing you or them go in while others are eating. Ok now being serious, no it's not good for the reason I stated. A bathroom shouldn't be off a kitchen or dining room like that.

• lhespenlaub
    Forfatter
    sidste år

Could we swap the two?

• cpartist
    sidste år

Swap which two?

• lhespenlaub
    Forfatter
    sidste år

half bath and closet

• lhespenlaub
    Forfatter
    sidste år

And better yet, make the closet door off the dining room look like the wall (I’m not great with terminology) see pic

• bpath
    sidste år
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}sidste år

It depends on how you will use the closet. In the dining room, it will be great for all the extra wine glasses and plates, candles, folding chairs, etc.

But I still like Mark’s, where the powder room is tucked back.

• cpartist
    sidste år

A closet doesn't need a window.

Why would you want to break up your dining room wall with a door if it's not needed?

• cpartist
    sidste år

This is combining the two ideas.

• bpath
    sidste år

If the bathroom were ”flipped” so that the fixtures and linen cabinet back up to the bedroom, the doorway would be a little separated from the bedroom door, and right across from the closet door, which might be convenient. And don’t let’s get our panties in a twist about the toilet against the bedroom wall. How often will you be in bed and a guest uses the bathroom?

lhespenlaub thanked bpath
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.