catb2013

Looking for a new up & coming source of modern house plans…

catb2013
sidste år

Tired of the same old search engine offerings…would like to find offerings by new architects

(15) kommentarer

• cpartist
    sidste år

Have you considered finding a local architect to design something that is just for you?

catb2013 thanked cpartist
  • PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    sidste år

Do you want "offerings by new architects", or "new offerings by architects"...?

catb2013 thanked Virgil Carter Fine Art
  • catb2013
    Forfatter
    sidste år

I’m actually open to both.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    sidste år

Is "finding a local architect to design something that is just for you" one of the 'both'?

If not, can I have 25¢ for every hour you spend looking for the perfect design?

• PRO
    GIRSH DEVELOPMENT INC
    sidste år

For what purpose are you seeking plans? Out or interest or out of need to build?

• res2architect
    sidste år
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}sidste år

Tell us what you mean by "modern house plans" and "new architects"? Show us an example of what you like and describe your project and its location.

Here's an interesting architect: http://www.lamidesign.com/plans/planspg.html

Turn on private messaging on your home page.

catb2013 thanked res2architect
  • Jason
    sidste år

The downside I've found to having an architect design something "just for you" is that the house won't have been built before so you're the guinea pig. Issues will be discovered during construction you'll have to adjust/adapt to, whereas with a plan that's already been built presumably (hopefully!) many/most of the issues have been found and corrected for in the plans.

That said, I'm happy we had something designed just for us, as Mark is spot on regarding the bulk of the plans out there!

catb2013 thanked Jason
  • res2architect
    sidste år

It would take a unusually unskilled or careless architect to make a client feel like a guinea pig.

The idea that a stock drawing set has been revised to eliminate conflicts and errors is unrealistic unless it's from a Design-Build contractor which I believe is a dfferent project delivery method than what the OP is considering.

• Jason
    sidste år

"It would take a unusually unskilled or careless architect to make a client feel like a guinea pig"

My sincerest apologies for being a bit playful with my wording. My point stands that errors will be found when building, and those learnings can be applied back via revisions to the plans for future builds, if it is to be re-used.

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    sidste år

Plan factories simply produce paper plans without much feedback from the field, if any. Thinking that plan factories get feedback and modify their plans accordingly is unlikely. Contractors who build the same plan, time after time, however, may incorporate some of the field experience...or they may simply give verbal instructions at the jobsite...!

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    sidste år

Some plan factories offer plans that were designed for someone else. When you buy and build those plans, you can say, "Well, this house worked for someone."

• dan1888
    sidste år

Architectural Record | Building Architecture, House Design & Products AR has segments on houses. Record Houses of the Year, House of the Month and Featured Houses. You may see a design you like, and the architect(s) are listed. House of the Year is listed going back a bunch.

• PRO
    Mark Bischak, Architect
    sidste år

What if all the sources of modern house plans are 'down & going' ?

• PRO
    Virgil Carter Fine Art
    sidste år

Far too many of the purported plans for sale by plans factories are simply gone…!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.