webuser_282319337

Roofing dilemma

So my partner is wanting to do some upgrades to a property of ours. The house is a mixture of light red bricks, and has a red roof currently. We are wanting to upgrade the roof colour and the guttering, but are stuck on what would look best. Any advice or suggestions?

(9) kommentarer

• astrogirl77
    sidste år

When in doubt go black! You can then paint the cream fence posts black to give it some synergy.

• Kate
    sidste år

Keep to a deep grey.

• oklouise
    sidste år

Welcome back Dr Retro

• siriuskey
    sidste år

Ditto

• astrogirl77
    sidste år

We recently had our roof painted and I had my heart set on black but the consultant talked me out of it, so w settled for Colorbond's Monument. It wasn't dark enough since it gets so much sunlight and it looked medium grey. I had them come back and redo it in Night Sky (black). Now it's perfect. Have not noticed increase in heat. We installed whirlybirds so maybe they help.

• PRO
    CHRISTINE HALL ARCHITECTS LTD
    sidste år

How about mid grey? I'd probably keep your white window frames.

• kach1965
    sidste år

Have you considered Colourbond Woodland Grey roof and gutters with a Surfmist Facsia. The surfmist could tie in with your lightly coloured window frames and front fence. I would paint your front fence posts the woodland grey as well. Woodland Grey and surfmist complement each other nicely.

• PRO
    Sharpdesign
    sidste år

dark colours will have a surface temperature 10-15c higher than light colours... both costly and environmentally insensitive !

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.