joniosteen

What cabinet company did you use?

Joni Osteen
sidste år
I see the drawers are finished and not plywood on top like many of the custom cabnitry shops seem to want to use.
Pretty Kitchen in Black & White · Mere information

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    Design Moe Kitchen & Bath / Heather Moe designer
    sidste år

Hi!

We used a great company called Woodland Cabinetry for this pretty kitchen.

But I wasn't sure about your comment about the plywood. In this kitchen, we put a 3/4" plywood subtop on top of the cabinets, and then we added a 3/4" countertop over it. (The countertop has a 1.5" high "L" shaped edge that covers the edge of the plywood.) In my experience, this is pretty much standard practice here in Southern California.

On the East coast, on the other hand, it's standard to use thicker countertops--often 1.25" thick--and to skip the plywood subtop. The overall cost is about the same (the thicker material is more expensive, but when you use the thinner material, the cost of the plywood and the labor for the L-shaped edge is more expensive).

If you prefer to go with the 1.25" countertop, you can google "1.25 thick counters" or "3 cm slab material" and you will find that there are companies here in San Diego that sell and fabricate the thicker material.

Good luck with your cabinetry project!

• PRO
    sidste år

Hi Joniosteen,

I read your question again, and it looks like I misunderstood it. Our drawer boxes (the inside of the drawer) are always solid maple or birch, not plywood. Recently we also started offering walnut drawer boxes as well. There are also walnut accessories, such as built in cutlery organizers and knife blocks. There's nothing like sliding open the drawer in an all-white traditional kitchen and seeing rich walnut on the inside!

I hope this answers what you were asking...

• Joni Osteen
    Forfatter
    sidste år

Hi Heather,

You did answer some of my question. I was just wondering what cabinet company you use? I like the solid wood drawers vs. plywood drawers that are offered by a couple of “ custom” cabinet shops in San Diego that I have seen. I really appreciate your responding. Thank you!

• Joni Osteen
    Forfatter
    sidste år

Please disregard my last question. I didn’t read your answer vey carefully. I see you used Woodland Cabinetry. Thank you again for your response!

Best Regards,

Joni Osteen

• PRO
    sidste år

Hi Joni,

We sell Woodland Cabinetry and we would love to give you an estimate on your cabinets. We're in Escondido, and we work throughout the San Diego area. You can reach us at 760-755-7554. I look forward to hearing from you.

Heather Moe

Designer, Design Moe Kitchen & Bath

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.