mi_mamalove

Wow! So beautiful! What kind of tiles are there?

Mi Mamalove
11 måneder siden
Can you pls.tell me the material, colour and dimentions? Thank you! It is really awesome!
Oceanside Master Bath · Mere information

(1) kommentar

• PRO
    Design Moe Kitchen & Bath / Heather Moe designer
    11 måneder siden

Hi Mi Mamalove.

(I have to say, that's a great name and fun to say!)

The field tile in this bathroom is a tumbled marble tile from a company called "Jeffrey Court." The size is 3 x 6. We did a standard grid pattern on the bottom section of the wall and a classic herringbone pattern on top. The 2 trim tiles (the chair rail and the cane molding) come from the same company.

This tile looks particularly rich because it is real stone, not a porcelain version of stone. However, one thing to keep in mind about working with natural stone is that you can expect high variability within the color range. This means that you may be surprised when your tile order arrives.

In this particular case, we had chosen crema marfil marble, which is known for having a relatively calm grain without a lot of wild colors or patterns. Nevertheless, when we received the tile, we found that some of the tiles--maybe 10%--had noticeable rust/orange streaks that stood out. So we had the tile setter pull those tiles and we didn't use them. This meant that we had to order more tile, which meant that the cost of the project materials increased. (My clients agreed that it was worth the extra cost.)

Of course, some people may have chosen this tile because they loved the rust/orange streaks, and they may have decided to feature those pieces rather than selecting them out. The important thing is to make sure that you have seen several samples of the tile before you order it, so that you are aware of the extent of the color variability. This is always true--but particularly true with natural stone.

Thanks for your question, and good luck with your project!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.