webuser_152579871

Does this exist for windows?

Shmoo
11 måneder siden

I have new room darkening hineycomb shades that work fine EXCEPT around the edges where too much light comes through.

Is there a window hardware thats a sort of corner only that i can put into the wall next to the shade and hang a room darkening fabric on both edges? i don't need/want it to span the whole top of the window, just a sort of quarter/corner bracket on the top 2 corners edges. I’d figure out a valance eventually but just want the light blocked right now.

If this exists, what is it called? Any idea where i could find it? Photo of window attached.

Thanks!

(5) kommentarer

• Houzz-bruger-ID-867564120
    11 måneder siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 måneder siden

The blinds should have been inset into the window recess. That usually means custom blinds.

What you request sounds like a Rube Goldberg solution to me.

• millworkman
    11 måneder siden

Inside mount honeycomb shades would have been a darker cleaner fit. You have outside mount and this is the end result unfortunately. Never heard of the product you describe.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    11 måneder siden

IMO add drapes to cover the gap and be done. I assume this is bedroom so I love the softness of drapes in a bedroom so just make sure the rod is wider than the blinds by at least 6' on eiter side get drapes that are 2 1/2 x the width of the rod and no more light gap.

• elcieg
    11 måneder siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 måneder siden

Raise the shade and show the window. You may not have depth for an interior mount.

I'd follow @Patricia Colwell Consulting suggests...add drapery panels. Unlike the two double width panel shown here you can get away with one stationary panel each side, to block the light.

• PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    11 måneder siden

Here you go...

This is a youtube video about the product. It has side rails that prevent light leakage on the sides.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.