webuser_630270869

How should I configure these corner window treatments?

Lisa L’Italien
11 måneder siden

The middle two windows will be above a window seat, while the two outside windows will not. The view is gorgeous however dark and cozy at night is important too. I am struggling with whether I should incorporate curtains - to the floor only on the outsides of the outside windows, or on both sides of those windows, or at window height between them all, or no curtains at all and just have uniform shades across the board... drawing attached. Thanks for any insights!

(16) kommentarer

• daisiesandbutterflies
    11 måneder siden

I would use inside mounted blinds only, not curtains.

Lisa L’Italien thanked daisiesandbutterflies
  • bichonbabe
    11 måneder siden

Why aren't all the windows the same? If you have a great view, just make all the window solid glass. It would look much better.

• Lisa L’Italien
    Forfatter
    11 måneder siden

Airflow is a major priority. Double hungs with these grilles are preferred to match rest of house. Thoughts on window treatments?

• Lisa L’Italien
    Forfatter
    11 måneder siden

Thank you Lyn and Daisies!

• Tootsie
    11 måneder siden

Inside mounted Roman shades!

Lisa L’Italien thanked Tootsie
  • chispa
    11 måneder siden

The mismatched pane widths and plain windows are major distractions for any view. The eye keeps focusing on that narrower window. I would do the whole corner with fixed glass and then do plain casements on the other windows.

• Lisa L’Italien
    Forfatter
    11 måneder siden

I appreciate the window comments but not only were there several reasons for this configuration but they are already in (and everyone loves them! :-D ) Looking for window treatment suggestions. Thanks :)

• daisiesandbutterflies
    11 måneder siden

I disagree that the windows are distractions. I think they are symmetic and look great.

• apple_pie_order
    11 måneder siden

Outside mount shades would allow you to draw them completely off the windows. If you need a softening effect from curtains, add stationary panels on each side. If you prefer functional curtains, use two traverse rods with sill length curtains that won't hit the window seat. If your window seat is free floating, not attached to the wall, you could do full length curtains all the way across.

• PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    11 måneder siden

Hey There:

Here is our solution for your corner windows...inside mount installation and bottom-up top-down operation. The most versatile window covering in the market - you can adjust light and privacy at any time of the day or night.

• Maureen
    11 måneder siden

• claudia valentine
    11 måneder siden

Anything on the windows is going to be at the back of anyone who sits there. You might want to consider this fact. A curtain would always be in the way.

What is the intended purpose for this seat? It does not look as if there is anywhere to comfortably recline and nowhere to rest your back against. It may have lots of light but it does not look to be comfortable. Perhaps it is meant for a table? Even then, where is there to lean back or get comfortable?

Shades would be the best option, as they be pulled to the top of the window.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    11 måneder siden

Sorry but why the window seats at all since they face away from the view IMO a major wrong choice. I know you don't care but now the issue is IMO answered only by inside mount blinds so get the ones you can afford and BTW I hate wood blinds always. Is heat and light control aslo an issue ? If so you will need solar shades to keep the view and control the heat and UV.

• Lisa L’Italien
    Forfatter
    11 måneder siden

Thank you to everyone for all of your insights, very helpful!

On the seat itself, the intention is to sit and enjoy the view! We will have short ledges on either ends of the seat to bear the weight of leaning on throw pillows and each left and right stretch of the seat is 5.5' long, so plenty of room to lay back and relax. The view stretches in all directions so plenty to see by leaning against one edge or the other. The window treatments would only be needed at night when the view will not be visible, so they will not be in the way.

I wish we had inside mount as an option but unfortunately the windows are too shallow. The more I think about it though, outside mount would allow the windows to show (which are gorgeous) as well as more of the view. I think we will likely do roman shades to bring some coziness to the space.

Thank you again everyone for your feedback!

• WestCoast Hopeful
    11 måneder siden

Inside mounted solar shades. When open they are barely visible, when closed or partially closed they block sun and provide some privacy.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.