kamkam09

do impact glass sliding doors with integrated blinds exist?

K A
11 måneder siden

I am in south florida and want to replace all my window’s with impact glass. I also want integrated blinds. Do these exist? Are sliding doors with these qualities available?

(10) kommentarer

• PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    11 måneder siden

Look into Pella if this is what you really want. But also research the cons for this type of blinds inside a window (between the glass).

K A thanked Fenstermann LLC
  • millworkman
    11 måneder siden

" But also research the cons for this type of blinds inside a window "

More importantly the cons of anything Pella......................

K A thanked millworkman
  • K A
    Forfatter
    11 måneder siden

Ive gotten the drift that Pella arent the way to go. Which brand would be for impact glass? Id like aluminum.

• K A
    Forfatter
    11 måneder siden

Growing up we had integrated blinds. Never had issues. Are they really so bad?

• millworkman
    11 måneder siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}11 måneder siden

The issue is serviceability, what if they stop working, the cord breaks, etc., etc. They cannot be replaced without changing the complete IGU at a cost of $6-700 dollars. There is a reason the higher end window companies do not produce units with the integral blinds.

K A thanked millworkman
  • K A
    Forfatter
    11 måneder siden

Ahhhhh okay. Currently I have a three section bamboo blind over a 144” slider. its tall enough that no one hits their head. its just they are heavy and little pieces have broken off. The cords are very long and get tangled. I like that they are top down bottom up. From what ive read maybe vertical cellular shades are good? i just dont like the look. Dont like plantations either or uv film. I have a strong southern exposure so i cant do nothing. back to the drawing board.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    11 måneder siden

Wouldn't do it. Just too many working parts. Guessing in Florida you have a block wall house?

K A thanked Windows on Washington Ltd
  • K A
    Forfatter
    11 måneder siden

Luckily my house has poured concrete walls. its built like a bunker.

• K A
    Forfatter
    11 måneder siden

I have aluminum windows and id like to stay with aluminum. which brands should i look at for impact, no blinds.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.