susanphoover

Choosing entryway light by the kitchen.

Susan Hoover
10 måneder siden

Working on our summer home. Kitchen will arrive soon. Thinking of rattan over the island and glass pendant at the sink. My front door is at the immediate left of the kitchen. What style of light would be best?

(8) kommentarer

• KW PNW Z8
    10 måneder siden

With the 3 lights in such close proximity I think they definitely need to be same style if not identical. The 2 lights you show may be candidates but they’d be an either / or - the casual natural rope looking one or the more formal glass one - not both & with a 3rd different one in the actual entry. Way too busy. The kitchen mock up looks more formal so of the 2, my pick would be the glass one for kitchen - one over sink, two over island. What’s the ceiling height in space? Width of entry? Might want a larger one in entry - does that light have other size options or even a semi flush option?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    10 måneder siden

Kitchen is going to be wonderful and given pictures shown, I would avoid any natural materials since grease will collect on them no matter what and not be cleanable. I suggest using white and black for clean but interesting look that will pair with any furniture you might be using.

• Susan Hoover
    Forfatter
    10 måneder siden

Flo Mangan, thank you for the visuals. I will look and see if the ceiling light will work for angled ceiling as this is a vaulted room with 9' walls. At the door I am about 10'.

• Susan Hoover
    Forfatter
    10 måneder siden

KW, thank you for your reply. Was sure hoping to mix it up a bit but the close proximity had me wondering. 

9' ceilings, vaulted  (about 10' at light) with 36" door opening.

• crcollins1_gw
    10 måneder siden

Agree no soft/natural material in kitchen unless you never cook. Pendants in kitchen get icky pretty fast. I like the look you're going for in a summer home but I'd vote no on the rattan, too.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    10 måneder siden

Now that you have posted some ceiling details you need chandeliers (fixtures) on chains with enough length to hang lights at proper height.

• PRO
    Shakuff
    10 måneder siden

We do custom lighting and have done many fixtures over a kitchen island. Our Nava pendant would be a great addition to your home and would look great in the kitchen. We can create a 3D rendering for you so you can have an idea of what the lighting would look like in your space. Feel free to visit us here for more information.

Our Nava Fixture over a kitchen island

• kellie_dyslin
    10 måneder siden

FWIW, we avoided clear glass shades with our pendants because we felt they might put off too much glare for our liking. Just something to think about. Also, consider using dimmable lighting for your pendants if you have that option. I love that ours can be task or mood / ambient lighting depending on need and time of day.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.