emily_mohn54

What color floors should we do?

Mrs Moon
10 måneder siden

We need to replace our cheap, discontinued engineered floor and need a different color. What would you suggest? Not a fan of grey tones. Doors are all new, kitchen is new so wanting something will compliment it all and not clash. We’re just embracing our wood tones/90s traditional home so aren’t going to be painting doors. Thanks!

(13) kommentarer

• Lynda Ainslee
    10 måneder siden

How about considering warm, rich tones like a classic walnut or a cozy oak? These colors can bring some natural elegance to your space while complementing your new doors and kitchen. Just make sure to grab some samples and see how they jive with your existing wood finishes.

• crcollins1_gw
    10 måneder siden

Personally, I would do hardwood in a lighter color than your cabinets, close to the color of your doors and trim. You could do an engineered hardwood (pre-finished real wood, not fake plastic "wood") which is a cleaner/faster install than a site-finished hardwood. Pros and cons to each. Or were you thinking of a different direction like tile or LVP floors?

I am also not a fan of grey on the floor.

• sprtphntc7a
    10 måneder siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 måneder siden

are the doors and cabs the same color?

if so, i would stay in that family and go 2-3 shades darker. if your home gets little natural light, then i would go lighter.

if u stay in the same color famiy, then whatever shade u choose, it will be a cohesive look

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    10 måneder siden

Something like this floor color can pick up cabinet, door and trim colors.

• herbflavor
    10 måneder siden

I'd go lighter...bring in samples. its impossible to know your interest in grain/knots/texture/ hand scraping or other effects which are elements to capture / or not... A variety of samples that you evaluate for a few days , in the space will help the most. I'd take the first one w a few knots and adjust the tone , depending on how things look in your home.

Mullican 235-WS-WO-4-L Wexford Solid 4"W Wire Brushed Solid White, Natural · Mere information

Maple Wood Flooring, Surf City, 24.5 Sq. ft. · Mere information

Mullican 198-MU-OA-4-L Muirfield 4"W Smooth Solid Oak Hardwood - Natural · Mere information

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    10 måneder siden

I agree with Herbflavor's point, lighter white oak floors could go with your decor too. Here are a couple of installed pictures.

Cicerone Pilsner · Mere information

Cicerone Lager · Mere information

• kl23
    10 måneder siden

@Mrs Moon Your new doors are lovely. Love the wood casing and trim too. If it were my home I'd choose a beautiful stone and heat it underneath. Otherwise I think the beauty of your wood risk being lost. Whether you like the thought or not, good luck! https://www.houzz.com/magazine/your-floor-how-to-find-right-stone-tile-stsetivw-vs~528881

• grapefruit1_ar
    10 måneder siden

We have natural wood trim and white ash hardwood floors. The floors are natural ( never stained). Lighter floors are wonderful.

• PRO
    Shakuff
    10 måneder siden

Lighter wood floors would look great and compliment the kitchen

• ffpalms
    10 måneder siden

Here’s a mash-up of your woods with the floor Unique Wood Floors posted. I think all the woods go nicely together.

• ffpalms
    10 måneder siden

And here are your woods with the white oak. I prefer the warmer look of the floor above.

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    10 måneder siden

@ffpalms,

Thank you! That's cool.

• PRO
    Unique Wood Floors
    10 måneder siden

A natural Hickory could go nicely in your decor if you don't mind some natural wood variations.

Natural Hickory · Mere information

Natural Hickory · Mere information

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.