webuser_45999323

Shower niche, or corner shelves?

I have a walk in stall shower in my primary bath. The shower controls are on the wall that's to your left when you enter the shower, and then you turn and face the wall opposite that.

I am retiling the shower and debating between a a niche a few corner shelves.

If I do a niche, it will be on the wall opposite the door. I don't love that, as then the shampoo, etc, will be in your line of vision as you enter the shower. ALso, niches are trendy now, but maybe not a forever thing!

I could do clear coner shelves instead.

Any recommendations/thoughts?

Also, what keeps water from pooling on the niche shelves, or the corner shelves?

(5) kommentarer

• Sue 430
    9 måneder siden

We got the schluter shelves, they come in different sizes/shapes, they have devorative slits for the water to drain out

• millworkman
    9 måneder siden

"Also, what keeps water from pooling on the niche shelves, or the corner shelves? "

Installed with a proper slope.

• Emily
    9 måneder siden

I’m love having a niche as it doesn’t extend out into the shower space. Because I don’t like the look shampoo bottles, soaps, etc., I purchased a matching dispenser set from Amazon. Looks great all of the time now.

• PRO
    Davie Mac Tile
    8 måneder siden

It depends how big your shower is. I think corner shelves could be a good option if it’s a big shower, the niche is a better option if it’s a small one.

• chispa
    8 måneder siden

Another option is shower baskets. Mine are from Kartners. They come in different styles, sizes and finishes. I placed mine on the wing/pony walls, so they are not visible unless you are inside the shower.

https://kartners.com/products.php?subcat=Wire%20Basket

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.