missflomangan

2023 Christmas and Holiday decor ideas

Flo Mangan
4 måneder siden

Here are my Christmas decos so far. It’s a work in progress. Post your trees and other holiday joy here! Enjoy!

(322) kommentarer

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    4 måneder siden

I can almost smell that!! Yum!! Had a great time today.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    4 måneder siden

Everyone loved my gourmet meal. Seared Duck Breast with cherry sauce dusted with lemon zest. Scalloped potatoes topped with grated Parmesan cheese. Roasted asparagus. French crusty dinner rolls with French butter. Topped off with warm Caramel Apple tarts with French vanilla ice cream! Turned out really well. Til next year!

• dsimber
    4 måneder siden

Merry Christmas! And thank you, Flo!

• S M
    4 måneder siden

thank you Flo, and Merry Christmas 🎄. Food looks amazing and gave me a smile.. my grandmother had same silver 😊, brings back good memories!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    4 måneder siden

SM. SO much fun! The silver was my Mother’s and I do love it. Very observant of you. 😊🎄😘

• dianabythelocks
    4 måneder siden

I can't remember who posted the holiday figures with family faces on them for place setting cards (such a cute idea), but I decided to do something similar. I looked around for figures or ornaments or something on which I could attach face pictures. I found a few ornaments, like a santa claus or snowman, but they weren't flat enough to paste onto.

In the meantime, I started printing facial photos. Then after about 10 faces, my printer went kaput! This was the weekend before Xmas, so I only had a couple of days to get presents ready to Priority ship. I had 2 families' gifts that I would need to have ready. STRESS TIME.

I bought gift tags of Santa hats, glued them to the pictures, and called it a night. My granddaughter received the shipped package and took this picture of what was inside. This project was not one of my best, but I ran out of time and the recipients enjoyed them.

• Missy Bee
    4 måneder siden

Clever idea—thanks!

• coray
    4 måneder siden

Flo, you have my Christmas china! Your dinner sounds amazing…I am a tiny bit envious😬. Our Christmas went like this: went to mass on Sunday, had lunch afterwards, started to prep for our ”fancy appetizer Christmas Eve dinner” (smoked salmon canapés with wasabi caviar, caviar crackers, mini roast beast sammies, duck liver pâté crackers, onion tarts etc), and then came Norovirus….and that was the end. Hubby’s outbreak soon followed, so after opening presents (with me in bed and hubby watching from afar) we sent kids and grandkids home, just to be safe. Now our daughter has it, and all the food we had bought just sits there….Ah, well… I guess Santa didn’t think we were as good lthis year as WE thought we were☹️😢… Hope everyone else out there manages to avoid this crummy virus!🙏🙏 Happy holidays just the same.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    4 måneder siden

Oh Coray, so sorry. But yes, the Lenox Christmas China makes a beautiful look. Hope you get a “replay”! Your treats sounded amazing!

• chloebud
    4 måneder siden

Flo, your table setting’s lovely! I also have the Lenox “Holiday“ china…so pretty! My MIL had a family business that sold china and crystal for years. She made sure we were well supplied! The Caramel Apple Tartlets look yummy. We just received some as part of a gift from Kansas City Steaks.

• liasch
    4 måneder siden

Coray 😵‍💫😑😞 well that’s beyond disappointing…and I guess you cannot risk sharing the food with anyone…I understand it’s super contagious. Maybe you will be recovered for New Year’s and can plan something special.

• coray
    4 måneder siden

Yes, Liasch, we hope to! We told our kids to take food home (as we were feeling pretty crappy at the time)…well, they cleaned us out! 😂 But now that I’m feeling better I think your mulled cider looked pretty tasty! 😋

• dianabythelocks
    4 måneder siden

Coray, what part of the country do you live? I hadn't heard that Norovirus was around.

• dianabythelocks
    4 måneder siden

Anybody know if Odely & Sajjad are spam? I'm afraid to click on them.

• coray
    4 måneder siden

Dianabythelocks, I am in NC….apparently it is😩. You can Google all about new strains etc…I read an interesting article on Today.com.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    4 måneder siden

Neither of the strange posters above, appear legitimate. The “pro” lists an offshore phone number. Neither have anything saved in an Ideabook. I would avoid and I have flagged them to Houzz. Just to be on the safe side.

• liasch
    4 måneder siden

Coray mulled cider is very good for you! Slices of a lemon, an orange, a few cinnamon sticks, whole cloves and whole allspice. Simmer for an hour or more. I let it cool, pour back into original container and microwave as desired. Cranberry mixed with apple juice works too if you have no cider.

• coray
    4 måneder siden

Liasch, that really does sound yummy! We Germans mull our wine instead, lol, probably not quite as healthy😋😢☹️, but equally as delish. Well, this Christmas we mulled nothing, but I hope to catch zero viruses next year!!!🤞🤞🤞

• liasch
    4 måneder siden

Coray I know that you can do wine… although I’ve never done it. Unfortunately alcohol and I have come to pretty much a parting of the ways.

• coray
    4 måneder siden

Much better for you, so good for you! I am not a big drinker so I rarely do mulled wine anymore, but it’s basically the same idea as mulled cider. I think if hubby were on board I could give up alcohol completely, but thus far he’s not interested in that idea….maybe someday.

• Lisa SW
    3 måneder siden

I’m late, but that’s because we have the fancy Xmas dinner a few days later. Everything’s roasting and I’m just admiring the table before the sloppy eaters ruin it. My holiday plates aren’t Lenox, but my full china is Lenox Westchester

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    3 måneder siden

Pictures please. All beautiful I am sure!

• Lisa SW
    3 måneder siden

I’m getting forgetful! And I can’t wait to eat that roast.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    3 måneder siden

Oh yum!! Your table is so lovely. Know I want a rib roast! I can almost smell it cooking!

• Lisa SW
    3 måneder siden

Thanks Flo. My kitchen is smelling so good. And the trifle is in a proper trifle bowl!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    3 måneder siden

Now I am starving!!

• Lisa SW
    3 måneder siden

Can I make you hungrier? Notice the proper bowl, lol.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    3 måneder siden

OMG! I am having a moment! Beautiful! Love the bowl! Looks scrumptious!! Enjoy! Lucky guests!

• DD Deco
    3 måneder siden

After shot! Now procrastinating cleanup with mimosas 😂💕 Till we meet again…

• Molly
    3 måneder siden

DD you are amazing! I don’t know how you deal with the aftermath every year. 😵‍💫

• justcallmepool
    3 måneder siden

Julie this arrangements are gorgeous!!

Wow I wish I could do something like that. I’ve never been able to make any kind of floral arrangement look halfway good hohoho

I never posted my tree pic. December was so busy and short for me. I only put up one tree and a few decor items. But it’s working now bc I don’t feel a rush to take it all down. Im leaving it up another week or so.

We traveled on Xmas Eve so had our little family gift exchange on the 23rd. Then I got really sick on the 26th and few days. Then my 9uo got sick the night before we came home on the 29th. She still has fever been lying around.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    3 måneder siden

So cute pool. Sorry to hear about your Christmas illnesses. Hope all get well soon! Your girls are growing tall!! Your holiday touches are fun and look so inviting! Take care.

• Aphaea
    3 måneder siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 måneder siden

I'm in no hurry to take the decorations. I suspect several reasons for that. It has been a difficult end of the year and the multiple difficulties (work horrors, a necessary shower renovation with all kinds of contractor issues), a loan to pay for said shower, a close friend who is suffering terrible pain, and more) had put some barriers in place for my favorite time of the year.

Also, I view the last three months as incredibly special so it hurt to have them so torn up. I did almost nothing I normally revel in and that I was looking forward to so much of all the activities after Covid. Which did not happen this year.

But . . . I did put decorations up for my autumn and my Christmas decorations. They are understated and pretty and peaceful and I enjoy looking at them. I view them as belonging to the season rather than one day, partly because gifts are not a part of Christmas to me any more, neither giving nor receiving. So this Christmas season can stretch on, and will this year, until probably at least mid-January. Well, maybe the vintage stockings will come down but the miniature forest, the tabletop tree vignettes, and the other decorations will stay around for a while because they soothe me and make me feel happy.

Edited to Add: I am not out looking for more decorations as I feel I have everything I want. But I had seen these two sets of bottlebrush trees at Horchow/Neiman Marcus back in November and fell in love. So I bought these two that did not arrive until after Christmas. That's okay; they are still in their boxes for 2024.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    3 måneder siden

Aphaea- I am sure sorry for your painful experiences. I pray you will find the joy of the season again and share some of your calming scenes. Be well and the Universe may have some lovely, grand surprises for you. Just keep your eyes and heart open to “seeing” them. Thanks for sharing your most intimate feelings and trusting your Houzz friends to hug it out with you!! 🤗😘🎆

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    3 måneder siden

Oh! I just saw your pictures! They came while I was writing my note to you!! Love those trees. Thanks! Yep, the Universe is speaking to you! Glad you acted on those!! You are ahead of all of us for 2024! 🎊

• Aphaea
    3 måneder siden

Thank you so much, Flo. Your warm wishes can be felt from here. I am actually okay. It wouldn't have been my choice to have happen what happened of course, but it is fine. Making Christmas last into and maybe to the end of January is nice. I will have my shower back again within, probably, a couple of weeks because of a recent good decision. Work? Well, we'll see what happens. I am open. I remain happy. I have my Word of the Year for 2024. Happy days are here, Flo. [[[[[HUGS]]]]]

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    3 måneder siden

We have our family Christmas celebration here on the weekend of Martin Luther King’s day. Been doing this for 14-16 years because my hubby ran the Houston Marathon for years and this year he can’t run but our daughter and middle son are running the Chevron Half Marathon. This year the fun starts on the 11th and runs through Jan 16! We celebrate the runners, Christmas, birthdays and our anniversary! So we keep Christmas decorations up til after all that and I have a few days to recover! May 2024 treat you well!

• Aphaea
    3 måneder siden

Oh, what fun, Flo! That sounds wonderful to have your celebration later and include all those events together. It must be amazing. I wish you a wonderful 2024 as well as we all move forward, finding joy wherever we are and whatever we are doing.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    3 måneder siden

Wish I could hit “likes” 3-4 more times!!

• Pugga70
    3 måneder siden

It was nice reading all the posts and enjoying the Christmas decorations. Thank you all for inviting us into your homes. I'm just seeing this post and didn't get a chance to add my decorations. It is my hope that you continue this thread or create an annual one for years to come!! May the Christ of Christmas richly bless us all during 2024!!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    3 måneder siden

Oh please post now Pugga70. We celebrate for another month at least! Love to see.

• Lisa SW
    3 måneder siden

Flo, thanks for your explanation — I always wondered why you had the family Xmas celebration when you did. Far more interesting than why we have Xmas dinner several days late. I had one fly the nest today and the other is here until Friday. I won’t think about taking down Xmas decor until the weekend. I’ve decided a few things are seasonal holiday rather than traditional Xmas decor so they get to stay a bit longer

• dianabythelocks
    3 måneder siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}3 måneder siden

Aphaea,

I'm sorry for your stressful times; the holidays can be stressful enough, but it sounds like your attitude is good. I like your gold brush trees. They seem to be popular this year, I used to not like them, but some are pretty cute. ;-)

• Aphaea
    3 måneder siden

Hi, Diana. Thank you for your comment. It truly is almost all in the attitude. I don't remember that all the time but I try.

I'm not a fan of the brush trees either but both of these are done really well. (Not surprisingly, given they are from Horchow.) Somehow, they just appealed. I can see them each in their own vignette. The colored ones will go on a round cake platter (like the photo) but mine is a vintage jadeite one. The gold ones will find their own special place.

I wish you a very good year in 2024. In fact, to everyone here who has bonded over Christmas in her and his own ways I send my best wishes.

• Missy Bee
    3 måneder siden

Brush trees are of course a nostalgia thing and what better time of year to indulge a nod to past than at Christmas ?

• Seajay Sparkles
    3 måneder siden

For all you Sarah richardsonfans she has a new show on Roku streaming service just as gorgeous as you remember enjoy

• ladma
    3 måneder siden

I love her!

• Molly
    3 måneder siden

Me too ladma! I’ve been watching her early shows on Roku lately, I’m on the second season of Sarah’s House.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    Forfatter
    3 måneder siden

Ya gotta love Sarah.

• liasch
    3 måneder siden

SeaJay! 👏 Was glad to hear that you got my card and letter.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.