jennifer_worley89

This 33 year old needs a facelift!

Jennifer worley05
4 måneder siden

We are looking to paint and change the front door. This is a lake home looking to brighten and freshen her her up? What suggestions do you have? We are leaning to staying in the gray family or cainhoy clay DCL047 from the low country collection.

(20) kommentarer

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    4 måneder siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}4 måneder siden

Post pictures that can be seen: )

The front door is barely visible, all too far back.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 måneder siden

Is there brick on the house ? I agree better pics please posted here in a comment.

• freedomplace1
    4 måneder siden

Better pics would help.

But generally speaking, I don’t know if a grey door will really “freshen up” the house. If you want to go in a cool color family direction, I would suggest a blue. And i personally love the idea of a Tiffany blue. But I think most any blue could work on your house door - in terms of the overall house color scheme; plus, it‘s a lake house, so blue is location fitting.

I did not find the exact Tiffany blue I wanted on the quck visuals i just did. But they may hopefully give you a general idea of how a blue could work on your door. Although, seeing a better picture of your actual door close-up, would be helpful, to determine the actual door style. But regardless of door style, I believe a blue could work.

• Jennifer worley05
    Forfatter
    4 måneder siden

We are looking for an over all house painting and replacing the lead glass front door.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    4 måneder siden

I want a pic that shows the front of the house closer so I can tell what is there.

• Jennifer worley05
    Forfatter
    4 måneder siden

I will try to get a better one when I get home.

• littlebug Zone 5 Missouri
    4 måneder siden

I wouldn’t consider gray to be bright or fresh.

First thing to do is remove, or at least prune, the tree/shrub on the right blocking the window. Japanese maple? It’s poorly placed and probably outgrew its space years ago.

Replace the dark wall sconce to the right of the door with one at least twice that size.

• Olychick
    4 måneder siden

In a beautifal natural setting like yours, I would be looking at green colors for the house instead of gray. and pkease don’t remove that gorgeous Japanese maple. I would rather see that out my window than look at the driveway.

• Jennifer worley05
    Forfatter
    4 måneder siden

We tried to beat the sun. Someone mentioned that the wall sconce next to the door needed replaced with larger on it has been replaced. Japanese maple has been pruned, but it will stay. We are looking to repaint the whole house and replace the 1990s lead glass door and side lights.

• ffpalms
    4 måneder siden

I like this gray/green color from Bejamin Moore. I don’t think Cainhoy Clay complements the roof color. I’d go very dark green on the door so that it contrasts with the pale siding. I think I’d paint the garage colors the same brown as your back deck, and your trim the same white as the windows.

• ffpalms
    4 måneder siden

Which picture shows the most accurate roof color?

• menrao01
    4 måneder siden

What about adding raised panel shudders

• menrao01
    4 måneder siden

The roof is a charcoal grey. A darker color than most of the pictures.

• menrao01
    4 måneder siden

Shutters would only be for front.

• Paul F.
    4 måneder siden

• Olychick
    4 måneder siden

Some greens that would work nicely with your roof in your wooded setting.

this doesn't show a roof color but it looks nice with the gray stoop and the wood door

• ffpalms
    4 måneder siden

I like this Silver Bells color from Bejamin Moore paired with a Mahogany double door, rather than one door with sidelights. I’d keep the trim white.

• PRO
    Emily’s Interiors
    4 måneder siden

Something light is in the right direction. Also - a good roof cleaning, would freshen/brighten up the whole house. It's hard to tell from the photos, but the bush and the tree really hinder having a look at the home, and they seem REALLY close (too close and casting shade). Is that much privacy needed at the location?

• Jennifer worley05
    Forfatter
    4 måneder siden

Thank for the ideas. We will keep you posted on what we do.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.