aqsa_chaudry

Ideas for a preschooler's bedroom

Aqsa Chaudry
sidste måned

We are looking to turn this into a bedroom for a preschooler. He loves reading so would like a reading area for him. He also has a lot of toys and books. Any suggestions?

(8) kommentarer

• Aqsa Chaudry
    Forfatter
    sidste måned

This is absolutely what I was thinking. We bought the house and this was a guest room at that time. So the image is from that. Any tips on where the bed, reading chair and book shelf should go? I was thinking of a single bed upholstery bed because my son moves about a lot in his sleep. Was also thinking of a mini chair and desk for his drawing activities.

• Aqsa Chaudry
    Forfatter
    sidste måned

Also curtains recommendations?

• minnie101
    sidste måned

I’d keep the layout the same tbh. In the top left create a little reading corner with a teepee and some cheap(ikea?) shelves under the window for his favourite books. Once he’s outgrown this perhaps consider a replacement desk as he’s unlikely to want to use it in his room at that age?

If budget allows change the fascias on the storage. If not, paint it all to unify it and perhaps change the handles. We can’t see inside but think about moving/adding shelves for toy storage etc. I’d probably go for black out roman blinds for the window

What colours, things does he like? I’d try not to do anything too expensive/difficult to change so the room can grow with him

• PRO
    Wallsauce
    sidste måned

Hi Aqsa, replying to your comment before we think an upholstery bed would be good as your son is a mover in his sleep - keep the bed in the same place for good Feng Shui. Opt for a small desk next to the right side of the bed with a swivel chair to allow movement and for it not to be so squashed. In terms of a reading chair, you could angle the chair where the double wardrobes are and allow movement for it if you're using that wardrobe. I hope this helps - but it sounds like you've got a great plan we hope your son loves it! 😊

• Aqsa Chaudry
    Forfatter
    sidste måned

We have decided to take out the wardrobes. They are just not fit for purpose. So we will be removing that and getting new carpet in.

• PRO
    Wallsauce
    sidste måned

That sounds good! You'll have more room to work with

• chloeloves
    sidste måned

If you are removing the wardrobes the. I would use the alcove by the window for a desk with shelves above for book collection and display of favourite toys, keep bed where it is and add a comfy chair that you and your child can fit to snuggle for bedtime stories or he can use on his own with a wall lamp next to it

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.