webuser_183843890

Bluestar range will not let gas flow to cooktop

This started 2 weeks ago. Sometimes the cooktop will not light because the gas is not flowing.

We have spark, but no gas. This is on ALL 6 of the burners (and yes, some are dirtier than others).

I accidentally figured out that if I light the oven, then gas will flow to the cooktop.

Tonight I noticed it took longer for the over to light than normal and there was no gas on the cooktop.

Would a faulty oven igniter prevent gas from flowing to the stovetop?

This surprises me because we didn't have electricity to the range when we first installed it and we were able to light the stovetop with matches.

Thanks

(2) kommentarer

• PRO
    THE FRENCH BARN - Lacanche Canada
    19 dage siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}19 dage siden

I'm not familiar with Bluestar specifically, but I suspect they work in a somewhat similar fashion to our ranges.

If ALL burners AND the gas oven are affected, this points in the direction of the gas supply itself, or something that affects the entire unit. If this was a Lacanche range, I would suspect the internal regulator. I would ask our technician to confirm that there is gas flowing to the unit, and if the house supply side checks out, replace the regulator.

Not sure if Bluestar uses an internal or external regulator.

If it was just one burner, it could be a dirty injector (nozzle), but that's unlikely to be the case for all 6.

Another possibility, even if that sounds obvious: if your range is on propane, is the tank empty? Or did someone turn off a gas valve somewhere thinking it was for a different appliance?

• chispa
    18 dage siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}18 dage siden

When we lived in CA we had natural gas. One day as I was about to cook we had no gas at the stove or gas grill. Turns out that DH had dropped a wheelbarrow right next to the outdoor gas valve and activated the earthquake emergency shut-off. We had no clue since we hadn't lived there long and had moved from a state with no earthquakes! It was easily re-set by a contractor/friend.

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.