angela_gardnerpinson

Any ideas on what to do with this fireplace?

Paint ideas, remodeling ideas?

(16) kommentarer

• Anne
    10 år siden
    Can we see pictures of the rest of the room please!?
  • groveraxle
    10 år siden
    Paint it to match the walls.
  • Angela Gardner Pinson
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    First pic...fireplace in bottom left corner of room. Second pic, fireplace in bottom left corner of room. Third pic...fireplace in top left corner of room. Does that help? Only pics I have now;)
  • PRO
    Kayron Brewer, CMKBD / Studio K B
    10 år siden
    The floor, visually, looks very cold compared to the fireplace. Where is this house located? Is that a dark wood on the floor of maybe a dining room, shown in the 2nd picture?
  • oneofeleven
    10 år siden
    I agree with GroverAxle. re: painting it the wall colour . Would it be possible to remove the shelves that jut out on the sides? A rug in front might also help warm up the space as the white provides too much contrast.
  • Ed
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    Hi Angela,
    Northwest Hills Remodel · Mere information

our home · Mere information

Flipping Out / Jeff Lewis Design · Mere information

Johnston residence · Mere information
  • mssharon19
    10 år siden
    Paint it the wall color. Add a nice mirror to sit on ledge then add pieces with color on bottom ledges. IMO
  • PRO
    User
    10 år siden
    Its a beautiful fireplace just needs a facelift so you can make it the focal point of the room - reface it with cultured stone (rock), if your style is modern/contemporary then reface with glass tile.
  • kathleen currie
    10 år siden
    re fireplace--as you are changing out the flooring seriously consider removing [at least] the little angled returns on the sides of the hearth. if a gas f/p is your thing consider removing the entire hearth. this f/p has quite a mexican feel with a contemporary aesthetic. lesley's idea of the glass tile would really complement most of the contemporary images in your idea book and, the flexibility of the mosaic format would make installation much easier than other finishes
    if you have the time and inclination, cover/remove the brick around the opening and the hearth. the glass tiles that have a slight shimmer would create an amazing focal point-- picture it with tall, pillar candles on appropriate tall stands reflecting light off the glass --mmmmmmmmmmm bring me a glass of wine.
  • Melissa E
    10 år siden
    I like the fireplace! I agree with removing the wings on the side and painting it the color of the walls. It is a nice design otherwise.
  • PRO
    CHICAGO MOSAICS
    10 år siden
    Of course, I would apply mosaics to this fireplace and make it a real center piece for the room...maybe use various colors of natural stone. I would also get rid of the the hearth wings and the brick trim...too heavy. The floor has got to go.
  • Angela Gardner Pinson
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Floor is first thing going!!! ;)
  • PRO
    Belfry Designs Custom Carpets
    10 år siden
    I would place a warm colored rug in front of the fireplace. we could make one for you to fit the space.
  • Angela Gardner Pinson
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

Yes we cut the sides off (thanks to whomever above recommended it)...

• Angela Gardner Pinson
    Forfatter
    4 år siden

And painted it the color of the wall (agin thanks for whomever recommended)!

Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.