grammajay

Really ugly brick walled corner

grammajay
10 år siden
A wood stove will go here, but the existing brick is ugly. What's an alternative?

(9) kommentarer

• dclostboy
    10 år siden
    How about black slate tile. Will also hold / reflect the heat.
  • PRO
    Annalise Bubes
    10 år siden
    What about a subway tile?
  • indianpatti
    10 år siden
    I kind of like the brick ... what is in the rest of the room?

You could whitewash it:
  • Darzy
    10 år siden
    I think the brick is okay, but not diggin' the floor pattern with it. How about replacing the floor to black slate?
  • motownmom
    10 år siden
    I agree, the brick is not that bad. What the rest of the room looks like might help. The floor appears to be a light wood. Depending on the rest of the items in the room, you could go with a bile to match the dark brown or black (?) tile in the floor area of the corner, or re-do the whole thing in a lighter color tile.
  • PRO
    Desert Tile & Grout Care
    10 år siden
    I agree with @indianpatti. I like the look of the brick. Does it go with the rest of the room?

@ThisSoldHouse has a great guide to help with whitewashing brick, if you do decide to keep the brick! http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/asktoh/question/0,,227870,00.html

Another option could be to have the brick cleaned to help enhance the brick like the attached pic? Here are a few more before and after pics of brick: http://www.deserttileandgrout.com/brick.asp

Good luck!
  • dclostboy
    10 år siden
    How do you plan on furnishing...rustic to modern?
  • PRO
    Article
    10 år siden
    I like the idea of whitewash too, first thing that came to mind... I would even go lighter than the above picture.
    If you want to remove the tile all together than I would re-clad with a large format tile in a stone finish... stone finish would be determined by the kind of look you want to achieve. If you want something "polished" than I would go with a light stone like a Carrera gold marble. But if you are going for something more casual and rustic than I would do a textured stone feature wall.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.