aprillaw

Help with paint color!!!

aprillaw
10 år siden
I am having trouble picking a color for this room with the wide array of whites to choose from...the room is very dark. I added an lights but still can't decide. We want to carry the color into the dining room as well. help????

(17) kommentarer

• PRO
    Dytecture
    10 år siden
    Paint a slightly darker color than the ceiling.
  • PRO
    L Decor Nanaimo
    10 år siden
    I would go with Benjamin Moore Cloud White. It is a beautiful warm white that has depth, would be stunning with your dark trim. Go with a flat\matte finish. By the way a very charming room.
  • aprillaw
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    We are adding a floating mantel...I will post fished pics...thanks for the help...
  • aprillaw
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    If the dining room has white trim what color white would you use for trim?
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    10 år siden
    What I am noticing is that the dark timber and dark trim is weighing down your room. Is the entire house trimmed in this dark trim.?

You said the dining room is painted in white trim? If so, I would paint this room in white also, including the beams. This would instantly brighten the room.

What about the trim in the rest of your house? What color is that?
    aprillaw thanked CDR Design, LLC
  • aprillaw
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Everything else in the house is white trim....my partner doesn't want to paint them white....
  • Carolina
    10 år siden
    Nice room, beautiful floor. If you want to make this room feel lighter, you should also think about a light coloured rug and furniture.
    Brown or black leather furniture always looks heavy. If the rest of your home is lighter and brighter, you could consider embracing the relative darkness in this room and go for warmer colours.
    aprillaw thanked Carolina
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    10 år siden
    Okay...I understand. So, this will be your sort of cozy room. I would

-change the can lights to led. They are super-bright. You will want a dimmer after you put them in. Expensive, but worth every penny.

-light colored rug and furniture, as Carolins mentioned.

-bright artwork and accessories

-mirrors
    houzz=
    Crisp Architects · Mere information
    ]
    houzz=
    Courtyard Model at the Village at Paradise Reserve · Mere information
    ]
    aprillaw thanked CDR Design, LLC
  • PRO
    CDR Design, LLC
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    As to your original question, I would pick up the gold tones in your floor, but keep it light.

Suggested color:

Bm rich cream 2153-60

[houzz=
    Sudbury Bar · Mere information
    ]
  • PRO
    L Decor Nanaimo
    10 år siden
    Sidst ændret: {last_modified_time}10 år siden
    To answer your question regarding what colour to paint the trim in the Dining room, I would keep it the same BM Cloud White but in a semi-gloss. You still see the detail of your trim with the glossier paint against the matte walls. I agree with the other comments to keep furniture light and neutral, ie sofa, however you should inject colour/pattern in your accessories, ie decorative pillows, lamp shades, art work and even an occasional chair and/or ottoman. If you keep both the sofa and chairs neutral then you can add a touch of colour and pattern in an area rug.
  • decoratinglady5
    10 år siden
    RH Paint color Butter..lovely color,not a screaming yellow,and everything goes with it!!
  • PRO
    L Decor Nanaimo
    10 år siden
    Extend drapery panels on either side of the window approx. two feet to give the illusion that the window is much larger.
  • decoratinglady5
    10 år siden
    Sorry..did not realize you are looking for a white paint color..Cloud White is a great one.
  • aprillaw
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    Ok cloud white matte finish, and the trim in other rooms semi gloss....ceiling same color in matte finish ya think?
  • PRO
    L Decor Nanaimo
    10 år siden
    BM Ceiling paint matte CW.
  • PRO
    Beverly Anderson Interior Design
    10 år siden
    I like the idea of painting the wood trim and beams white...this opens up lots more colors for your walls, soft ivory, or greens?
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.