remodel082012

Any problems with water leaking out with curbless shower?

remodel082012
10 år siden
We're doing a curbless shower with slope going towards the door and a linear drain running along the the door side. Any tips to prevent water from leaking out the door?
Lakewood Mid-Century · Mere information

(5) kommentarer

• PRO
    DeForest Architects
    10 år siden
    Hi, Good question. Of course it depends on the size of the shower, the amount of splashing, and your tolerance for some water on the rest of the floor. One detail we sometimes employ is having a very slight lip (say 1/2" or less) at the door. This helps keep surface water from sloshing out of the shower. Your linear drain is a good idea too. DA
    remodel082012 thanked DeForest Architects
  • PRO
    World Contracting LLC
    10 år siden
    water will always splash out, but many factors on the shower will change how much water splashes how far. IF the idea is troublesome, stay away and install that curb.
    remodel082012 thanked World Contracting LLC
  • remodel082012
    Forfatter
    10 år siden
    I love the frosted green tint glass. Can you tell me the type of coating on the glass? What should I ask for to have this look?
  • PRO
    DeForest Architects
    10 år siden
    That is just normal tempered shower glass. It actually costs more to order glass with a lower iron content that doesn't have the green tint.
  • PRO
    Better Living Design (BLD)
    9 år siden
    size of the shower and direction of the shower head are two primary factors in splashing. Linear drains will keep water from running out, but then a good, single, circular drain is also just fine. Just point the shower head away from the opening and don't try a shower that is less than 36" deep.
Sponsored

Reload the page to not see this specific ad anymore

Danmark
Tilpas mine indstillinger ved hjælp af cookies

Houzz bruger cookies og lignende teknologier til at tilpasse min oplevelse, give mig relevant indhold og forbedre Houzz-produkter og -tjenester. Ved at klikke på 'Accepter' accepterer jeg dette, som beskrevet yderligere i Houzz-cookiepolitikken. Jeg kan afvise ikke-essentielle cookies ved at klikke på 'Administrer præferencer'.